Some Camaro LT1 data points

I agree, there is a 0.0% chance I would have sold mine were it not for the fact that I am commuting again and the Chevrolet bolt is far better suited to the job. I just don’t have room for the Camaro as well.

Yea I totally agree. I may have Jeep SRT in the driveway soon as well so my wife may make me pick one.

your payoff amount isn’t making sense here. payoff = residual + remaining base payments, so (39475x0.64) = 25264 residual which means that your remaining base payments for 35 months equal 9212 which is 263/mo. MF on the Camaro was very cheap so your rent charge could be at most 15/mo that’s gets you a monthly payment of 278/mo before taxes but your actual monthly is 317/mo plus taxes so that’s like 40/mo apart. your payoff number might be around 357XX if my calculations are correct.

I’ll need about an hour of your time before you decide to let it go :crazy_face:

Interesting, I checked with RODO on mine today. Offered me 36k for 43715 MSRP. Algo hit me with the same, but Vroom was slightly higher at 38k. The RODO guy said he’d look into it after I sent him the window sticker. I think the 36-40k LT1’s are in the sweet spot for selling.

3 Likes

ive been trying to get an offer from vroom but nothing yet, ill have to call tomorrow

It’s currently listed for sale at AutoLenders in Princeton for $3k over MSRP :joy::cry::upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Aww…I was two weeks late and a dollar short. Maybe I’ll go take a test drive :joy:

1 Like

Still has 3/4 of a tank of premium in it. Go have some fun

2 Likes

The offer from them came a few days after I initially checked. Carvana indicated they did not have enough data to provide an accurate offer and I have not heard from them sense.

1 Like

their 2019 1ss is 2k cheaper but with 2k more miles. idk who would pay that much for an lt1

1 Like

They paid more for it than the original dealer selling price. It’s freaking insane.

2 Likes

I have the payoff in writing from GMF.

2 Likes

Can you swap a GM lease multiple times? Thinking about the summer with rental prices through the roof, if I can take over someone’s $289 camaro keep it a couple months then swap it and still be under the price of a month’s car rental

I was hoping to get a lot of data points on GM transfers from most of you guys who inked few months ago. Seems that won’t be the case since everyone is unloading them :joy:

Def a no brainer to sell. So much easier not to deal with tire kickers and the million questions that come from potential transferees. You turn into a car salesman for a brief time :laughing:. Profiting a few grand and driving a free LT1 for a few months isn’t shabby either.

I have a gut feeling GM’s transfer process is not so easy either. (Comparing to BMW)

3 weeks in with mine and enjoying it. Hopefully by the end of summer this used car market stays like this and I can unload mine just as easy.

IMO…I think in the next week or two we may start to see some buyout offers that are at or above original MSRP✔️

For you guys that have had these for a few months, have any of you taken in your car for it’s first service? I understand now Chevy only gives 1 free oil change/tire rotation . They used to cover the first 2 yrs previously. I’m at 800 miles on mine the the oil life indicator is already at 85%

Owners manual also says the first oil change should be done at 1,500 miles on V8s.

How have the tires worn with such a powerful RWD car? Just taking a brief glance on tire rack , the Goodyear runflats replacements are running at nearly $500 a pop ! :scream:

That’s $2k for tires, plus mounting and balancing so making me reconsider attempts at donuts in Costco parking lot :joy:

Do the donuts in the Costco parking lot before you get the new ones mounted.

1 Like

Searching my 2021 manual and I don’t see that recommendation.

My Virginia tax of $1,568.66 is really going to hurt me when looking to sell mine. The extra $40 per month for it is not too bad and probably not real far out of line with other states (being over 39 months helps), but that extra cost rolled into the lease will take some potential profit away!

1 Like