Corvette question

Not a single one on those 275 miles??? LOL

1 Like

No sir for 90000 I’ll let u have the honors :joy::joy::joy: haha but this is leasehacker so I’m sure someone will try to hack me down to unicorn level of 60000 lol

1 Like

You are clearly aware of the environment you are in here :slight_smile:

As for your original question…as others have stated, you are poised to quickly profit. If it was me, Id take the $ and run and come back when the market has calmed.

15k is easy money as I said via DM. I’m sure you could do better.

:chocolate_bar:

Take it to your Chevy dealers and see what they offer if you have any close by.

I’d take the money and run. I just sold my 4 month old Camaro LT1 to ALgo for $900 in profit and am ecstatic. Like you, I wasn’t driving it nearly enough to justify the expense

1 Like

Future MSRP will assuredly rise, with some predicting a $5k bump for MY22, plus it’ll still be some time for these to come down to MSRP. But that said, it is a series production car and eventually supply will come in line with demand. For a $15k profit, I’d flip it and since you’re not in a rush, hold off for now. Heck you could lease a Camaro in the meantime and see how things shake out on the C8 front in the next few years, haha.

1 Like

ALgo offered me 89,400. So that’s a 10k profit. Going to talk to wife about it tonight. Not going to lie I miss leasing a car and not worrying about the damn thing if a rock hits it

1 Like

You waited 10 months for this car and you love it. You tell us.

10k in profit?? For a Chevrolet? When I don’t NEED a car? I think I know my answer but I want you hackers to push me off the ledge lol

Can I sell car without registering it in ny?? I haven’t paid taxes yet Bc I have temp tag. If I can then I could avoid the 6k in taxes but not sure if this is legal?

I believe you have an MSO/title with dealership information, reassignment to you, and a bill of sale. I doubt wholesalers would buy the car without an actual title with your name on it because it wouldn’t be able to get reassigned to them. I don’t think you have to actually register it, but you do have to title it to your name which would make you liable for the taxes.

1 Like

So when I signed the title that’s not actually titled in my name now? Have to go to dmv and then get hit w taxes? I’m not looking for anything illegal FYI . Rather pay the tax man

Do you actually have possession of a title in your name?

Only thing I have is bill of sale and the title which I signed back of. This was only done last Saturday. So do I need to get a title in my name by going to dmv?

Just keep in mind the profit is not from 72 but the total it costs you (79). If you got an offer of 89 then that is 10k profit, however, you also have to pay tax on that 10k profit and now you’re at 6k assuming you are in the upper tax bracket. Now you can decide if selling it for 6k profit is worth it or not? You can also use sale tax credits if you are buying another car. I, personally, would think twice about selling it for 6k profit as these are super hard to get ahold of and they are dream cars for many. However, Noone can blame you for thinking about selling it for profit. Is the novelty and driving of a new c8 worth it? The other option is to drive it for a few months, enjoy it, and then still (likely) sell it for profit.

2 Likes

What does this even mean? Is the title in your name or not?

The mid engine could be gone forever…

2 Likes

What did OP do? I am considering buying a 2020 and holding it a couple months. Am I crazy?

Wife took the OP for a ride in the VETTE one day and OP was never seen again :slight_smile: