Some Camaro LT1 data points

That’s what happened with me in Texas.

I remember seeing it in there somewhere. The Camaro6 forum discusses this, as well.
Its the first break in period for the V8 Engine.

Im personally just going to follow the maintenance minder (DIC). When it tells me that an oil change is due, I will bring it in for its first free change.

I also have to get the passenger side front seat release lever fixed. Its loose and anytime someone tries to let a passenger sit in the back to release the front passenger seat, the cover to the handle comes completely off. It was like this from day one (American car quality for ya)

Not only your tax situation but the higher MSRP cars will also hurt equity, as well. Like someone else mentioned, the sweet spot seems to be around $37-$39K cars.

Vroom just offered $36,764.00 for mine. Carvana says they need more time to think about it.

1 Like

Here is what the manual says. You DO NOT need to do an oil change at 1,500 miles.

Rear Axle Fluid
Axles must have 2 400 km (1,500 mi) before
being used in track driving.

Follow these recommended guidelines
during the first 2 414 km (1,500 mi) of
driving this vehicle. Parts have a break-in
period and performance will be better in
the long run.

Check engine oil with every refueling
and add if necessary. Oil and fuel
consumption may be higher than
normal during the first
2 414 km (1,500 mi).

These are the ONLY times the phrase 1,500 appears in the entire owner manual.

I believe if you press them that number may come up.

Same here, they said I had to call in. Since I decided I did not have eight hours to spare to wait on hold, I never bothered with a Carvana offer.

2 Likes

These are just some folks being neurotic. I would do the first oil change a bit early, but 500 miles is crazy.

I might be delusional but I could’ve swore I saw 1,500 miles. I just scanned the pdf again . It’s discussed over on the Camaro board but I guess you’re right.

@Mpower22 i Agree it’s overboard. It’s not getting an oil change until the system says it’s due

10qts for the V8 too ! Ha

How long did you guys wait on hold for the payoff? I called this am and waited 20 mins and hung up. Redic…still blaming corona virus I’m sure. Every company I call says the same BS. We’re experiencing higher then normal call volume. No, you don’t hire enough 3rd world help…

I used the chat feature on the GM Financial site when you login to your account; usually was only a few minutes before a live agent was connected.

They said I had to call in…I can see how this is gonna go already. Haha. Might just drive over to carmax and let them do all the heavy lifting while I test drive something.

Exact same problems for me, impossible to get through to anyone. I was on hold on the phone for an hour before I gave up and then later tried chat. I was actually then waiting for 90 minutes for someone to connect on chat, and then when I finally got someone they told me they could not give me a payoff through chat and I had to call in…

Still haven’t gotten through to anyone…

This must be a recent change - I had no issues earlier this month with all this.

Yeah…Ive tried to get through for a few days😢

Call your local dealer. They got it for me real quick when I said I wanted a Tahoe possibly

2 Likes

just resubmitted mine to algo/carvana/vroom/gmtv. All “will be in touch.”
GMF’s chat feature is not working right now. I can only guess at my buyout. But I’d probably need a $38k offer to even consider doing it right now. I have yet to make a single payment but have paid about $1100 out of pocket for transport and registration at this point. And that’s excluding all my time and anguish at making 5 trips to the DMV to get it done!

Calculating my buyout by hand brings me within 10-20 of the actual buyout. Just take the residual plus base payment per month x payments left to get dealer buyout mine was as follows

26540+(311x34)=37114, $6 lower than my actual payoff $37120

Depends on who you get on the phone lol, i acted like a 3rd party dealer and they told me buyout and faxed it to a number. Didn’t even ask for my permission

Absolutely, I have the payoff number from the dealer, but third-party buyers want the official 15 day payoff letter from GMF directly and getting that one is proving tough.

Wait until you price the unicorn tear 0W-40 dextros Mobile 1 that chevy recommends. Cheapest I have found in $9 a quart, and we need 10…bonkers…

Per gmdexos.com, only Mobil 1 ESP (Emission System Protection) and Castrol Edge are 0W-40 and Dexos2 approved.

I think we need to get back to lease discussions!