Sold one to VROOM!

Update: Accepted offer 3/11 or 3/12. Received a clarifying email regarding bank payoff screen capture I sent with original acceptance a couple days later. (Originally I needed clarification as they ask for a title which I don’t have as the car is leased (in NY) Phone help said the payoff info would be OK which is what I put on the form )
Today received the Docusign papers and an email that payoff has been confirmed and a Fed Ex packet was sent.
Confirmed that it will go beyond 10 days but no issue as any delays have been on their part.

No luck. US bank not very easy to deal with. Very strict.

Car was scheduled for pick up this past Tuesday but carrier didn’t show until Thursday. Forwarded vroom my bill of lading and they sent the payoff check to HFS today via overnight delivery, delivered on Saturday. Car is already up for sale on their site.

Entire process took about 12 days, and communication was poor. I had to reach out for any follow up questions and they didn’t respond to any of my emails. But the end goal was getting rid of my car and for that I’m happy, but expect to do most of the legwork and follow up.

how much did you sell and how much are they listing it for?

1 Like

Yeah I ended up just trading the car in. Got the same amount. My payoff was $290 over the value. I would have been in the positive but it showed damage on the carfax when the inspection station parked the car on a concrete parking block. :weary:

Vroom offered me thousands more than my local dealer for my LR4. US bank says that I can’t sell it unless I am buying or leasing another car from Vroom. Same goes for any other dealer. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Update 3/19 Fed Ex letter came required 1 signature and sent back overnight Fed Ex. They supply the label.

One additional note once they contact you via email they seem to reply very quickly to email questions.

I guess it just depends on who they are trying to contact to transport your vehicle. I just got my car picked up this morning. They got my FeDex formack last friday and took them 2 business days to arrange pick up. I would call their acquisitions department to have them pick up your car sooner rather than later.

UPDATE (03/19/2019) I Received the FeDex package to sign on Wednesday March 13th and they received it on Friday March 15th. They then told me they would arrange a pick up of the car.

They picked up the car today 03/19/2019 in the morning and now I am awaiting for conformation from Vroom so that they can send the payoff.

Pick up was nice and easy. So far everything has gone smoothly.

Well it’s been almost 2 weeks since I signed my docs. I emailed Vroom multiple times and their reply is that Los Angeles is competitive and they are still trying to find a carrier for me. I believe they might have offered too high of a price for my 2017 Lexus ES350 and now do NOT want to honor it. I have 12,500 miles and they offered $29,500. Shift and Carvana was in the ballpark of $25k. I jumped on the Vroom offer as it was good but their system/strategy is terrible!

Carmax is still the easiest but their offer is similar or slightly better than Shift/Carvana.

That is not good. I am worried now as well. I sent my signed doc back to them on Thursday and they received it on Friday.

Nothing yet on car pick up. i am in OC, so probably similar Carrier.

My next payment is due end of month, i was hoping it to be payed off before that.

Has anyone recently sold or in process of selling your vehicle to vroom in LA / OC area?

Sold my 2017 Accord to Vroom - really painless process. They paid a bit more than the actual payoff - all worked out well.

1 Like

For people in California who sold to VROOM before, do we need to notify DMV to cancel registration ourselves after sold? Or will it be handled by VROOM?

Thanks!

You should file a release of liability on the DMV website as soon as it’s final (signed/gone/check).

Out of curiosity does anyone have experience selling a car to Vroom that’s financed via capital one?

dakshr let me know if Vroom picked up your car in LA/OC. I’m going on 17 days after I signed my doc and no word on pick up yet.

Not yet, i did receive a confirmation for pickup tomorrow, but today they called me and said they can’t. So now it is suppose to happen on Monday. Crossing my fingers.

@GeminiRam @dakshr
Just wanna share my timeline. I am in OC. I returned the signed doc on 3/20, delivered on 3/21, and vroom scheduled pick up for me on 3/23. Hope everything goes well for us.
Don’t forget to fill the DMV release of liability form after sold.

I have accepted the offer from Vroom last night. But after reading some of the comments here about the time it takes to schedule transport, I’m thinking I should accept an offer from Carvana as well. It’s slightly less but I don’t want to wait for days on while next payment becomes due.

I’m in LA it took vroom 4 days from the moment they got the signed documents to arranging pick up to the moment they picked up the car, the pay check was sent the very next day after that , the process for me was very smooth selinng my accord, I guess it varies from person to person

Has anyone sold to Vroom in the NY area? Curious on pickup times…