Sold one to VROOM!

I live on LI and my pickup was scheduled the next day, less than 24 hours from the email to my car on their truck.

1 Like

Also - there is no tax issues with selling to VROOM right? I am leasing with a minimal underage…

Thanks! Filing out paperwork now.

After they received the Fed Ex signature form back they needed 1 more piece of information to verify account # for leasing company. Pickup is supposed to happen today so 11 or 12 days since start.
Hopefully the next post will be the last one.
Also on Long Island NY

Car just picked up and transporter was going to Queens to pick up another one. So except for payoff and payment to me, all done.

Are you still allowed to accumulate miles after you send the odometer reading in? I still need to use the vehicle but was wondering if they cared.

I think it’s 250 miles. At least at one of them, don’t remember which one.

Its 250 miles. I was almost over that so I called and they stated there is an additional 50 miles on top of that as a buffer before needing to reappraise. So 300 miles in total in the 10 day period.

Thank you, I was able to get my beater inspected, so I can stop driving my vehicle I’m selling to Vroom now. Submitted my paperwork over the weekend, waiting to hear from them now!

Got the check today. About 14 or 15 days start to getting my check.

Started the process for our xc90 in Florida. Let’s see how this goes…

Update: Vroom didn’t work out for me. Had to cancel the transaction after waiting for 3 weeks for the car to be picked up. I’m in LA and they were giving me the run-around about logistics and carrier broke down etc. I think they had too much inventory of Lexus ES350 or offered me too high of a price initially.

After waiting around for Vroom to find transport in Los Angeles area for a week, just arranged with Carvana to pick up my car tomorrow. It’s $400 less but I needed to take care of this before my next lease payment due on Monday and I’m going out of town for few days. F Vroom!

Curious for those who sold to Vroom in So-Cal. Is it the same transport company in Fontana,CA that does the pick up?

If so I am guessing transporting out of SoCal is like catching that one bus that goes to TX on weekly basis.

I live in Los Angeles and Vroom just received my paperwork back today. I’m quite concerned after reading these reports from others in the LA area. Has anyone successfully had a car picked up by Vroom in Los Angeles in the last 2-3 weeks?

You may need to make that payment just in case as it took well over a week for the payoff to get processed after the vehicle was picked up…ymmv (the lessor should just mail you the difference back once the vehicle is paid off but you can call them and confirm).

Vroom took a week to pay off the lease? I’m glad I went with Carvana.

No, Carvanna took 10 days from pickup to send the check out.

I am in OC of SoCal and yeah, they used Taquio’s Auto Transport in Fontana for me.

1 Like

Same here.