Trying Vroom and caravan

Team my lease is going to end in another 3 months - since this is was my first lease - I need inputs on how and when can I try my vehicles with Vroom or caravan if I can get better then the payoff.Also before selling the car to caravan/vroom I have to pay the payoff and transfer the tile to my name - how does that work - do I have to bear the taxes and then sell?

Other inputs for the best possible option would help.

Thanks

Bump…:I’m on the same boat.

Whenever you’re ready. If it’s a retail payoff, which it would be in this case, that can be done anytime.

You don’t buy the car first. Carvana/Vroom buys from the bank direct. You don’t pay taxes + will never see the title, let alone transfer to your name.

Thanks @mp11477

You don’t buy the car first. Carvana/Vroom buys from the bank direct. You don’t pay taxes + will never see the title, let alone transfer to your name.

So additional amount than the payoff value will be paid to me?how does that work and what is the process.

Thanks-
Sachin

If the car sells for more than retail payoff, you would get the difference. If their offer is less than retail payoff, you would owe the difference.

This is really no different than you going into your local dealership with your purchased car, and trading it in. Same process, except you don’t get another car with them…you get it somewhere else.

You can try Vroom and Carvana right now. I just did this yesterday. You go to their website, enter your VIN, answer a couple of questions and they give you the price they are willing to pay for your vehicle. I forgot which is which, but one gives you a price right away on the website and the other emails you within 30 minutes with their offer. Both companies gave me the same exact offer and it was way below my lease payoff amount. So before you spend too much time on this, go on their websites and see what they are willing to pay to check if you’re even in the ballpark.

Carvana will spit out a number right away, Vroom is 30 mins during normal business hours. Honestly, I would try periodically, sometimes the offer is higher, sometimes is lower. :slight_smile:

@mp11477 - Thanks - does the process same works for selling a leased car to a Private party? and can you summarize the process.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sold one to VROOM!

Looking at trading in my current 17’ Charger lease…carvana gave me 28,550…payoff is 28,497…Vroom gave me an offer of 30,500$… Is this too good to be true, lease is through chrysler capital. I’ve had dodge dealer offer 29k. Anyone have input. Looking at getting into a full size pickup…liking the Ford’s but haven’t gotten near even 29K from Ford dealer

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sold one to CARVANA!

You’ll get your answer if you search vroom or carvana on the forum