Sold one to VROOM!

Lol mine was picked up yesterday morning as well. I had accidentally signed the Docusign paperwork with my name/signature instead of my wifes, even though she’s the only name on that car. Vroom had to re-send the Docusign so that set us back a bit, but no problem. Just waiting for payment to get sent to our lienholder.

Yeah had my own Vroom experience as well which took about one month from beginning to end. Got my quote on Sep 8 and they came to take the truck on Oct 4- a Sunday! Funny thing as pickup was farmed out to an independent contractor and he came to get the truck, took pics, gave me his ID (after I asked because it was unusual to say the least). He then drove off with it. Apparently he had a car truck parked near JFK airport as he had several vehicles to pick up. I was not told this and was very apprehensive almost to the point that I was ready to cancel it but went ahead. Got a notice and BOL that day that is was picked up and notice that payment was sent out on Oct 5 via fedex. Got payment on the 6th.

While this was taking so long I contacted Algo as well. At first they were $2k less than Vroom but then matched the offer. I told them if Vroom did not get back to me in a day I would use them. But then Vroom finally contacted me with the details. This did not prevent Algo from hounding me for two days; talking about how Vroom could change their quote when they come to see the vehicle. Well I wasn’t sure that Algo would not do the same so I stuck with Vroom and while lengthy, they did pickup and pay quickly once all the paperwork was finished.

I’m helping a friend get rid of a car that her daughter no longer needs. She didn’t know about selling to the likes of Carvana or Vroom. I didn’t know either until earlier this year. Appreciate all the minute details on the whole process. I will be looking to get rid of a car in a month or two myself. This thread is awesome! For my Honda CR-V, Vroom always comes up with higher offer than Carvana. I’ve been checking since March this year.

DO NOT SELL YOUR LEASE TO VROOM !
Terrible terrible experience so far for two of us …me and a friend.
Sold 2018 Honda Clarity Plugin to Vroom …all went smooth till they picked up the car.
Sent cheque the next day via Fedex Overnight. Check is 700$ lower than offer.
Been 20 days…Facebook and Twitter blasts have not worked…thinking of taking them to small business claims.
Customer service and Finance department have been clueless and giving the run around.
Found that finance department has been understaffed via layoffs.

1 Like

I have sold two to Vroom and one to Carvana- all will be good in the end. Carvana seems faster. I think Vroom saves $ on the transportation end.

The deal that keeps giving…

2018 Honda Clarity purchased on a $7800 one pay lease from here: Honda Clarity 36/12K $7800 ONE PAY.

After the $2500 EV Rebate from MA, and the $5900 check from Vroom, I’ve been paid $600 to drive one of the ugliest looking cars for 2 years.

Here are the details:

17.5K miles on the car
Residual on lease - $15,100 (including the BS disposition fee + tax)
Vroom offer - $21K

9/29 Accepted quote
10/2 Docusign documents complete
10/5 FedEx Doc sent (Did not include spare key)
10/6 Carrier assigned
10/9 Car was picked up
10/13 Received check

I left another $500 on the table, as I submitted another quote on a different email. The offer was increased to $21,500, but it happened after the carrier was assigned.

Not bad for 2 weeks… Great experience all around!

4 Likes

Recently sold a 2018 Traverse to Vroom. Similar to a lot of folks, the offer was strong (~2,200 equity on a 2.5 year old lease that was already at 44k miles) but the customer service experience was awful.

Waited on hold for a total of probably 3-4 hours, plus at least a dozen emails to finally lock it down.

The deal is done and I’m happy about that for sure.

Thanks for the info. I’ll try with vroom or algo then.

All will be OK in the end.

well it went fine, really better than fine. Got a check for more than 5K over the residual so well worth the wait.

my Toyota RAV4 value dropped 3k in one month welp :frowning:

Situation: Vroom picked up car, sent me difference of buyout quote and vroom offer. However, I made 1 more payment as Vroom took their sweet ass time a week prior. So buyout quote dropped that payment amount.

I received my initial check but i still havent received the difference for the 1 payment. It has been 1 month.

Who do i call to get the money? Vroom or Hyundai?

Hyundai and In these cases it takes manufacture sometimes a few months to close out the lease, and get the paperwork over to the department that makes it whole. I am in the same spot and after a month I called and they said 5-6 more business days.

Just spoke to them. they offered 1.5k above residual, but said they will buyout from the dealer or something like that, and so I need to get dealer buyout price. Dealer quoted me 3000k above residual (taxes, doc fees, registration (again), some other fees, purchase option fee).

I thought they will deal with the Finance company and just take the care and sort out everything for me. am I missing something?

Take tax out of the dealer quote.

Here is the breakdown:
Residual 22,306
Purchase option 300
EFT/ACH 75

6.5% tax 1474
Registration 500
Electric Filing 199
Doc Fee 799

I told them asking for registration again is ridiculous as I own the plates (Florida). should I fight any other fees listed?

I also spoke to Infiniti Finance. and they said buyout goes through the dealer, but they won’t turn down third-party offers, whatever that means.

Thanks

Having a frustrating time selling my car to Vroom.

It’s been a week since the carrier was assigned but literally if I do not pick up the phone on the first call they cancel my pickup and pass me off to someone else. Ridiculous.

Hyundai will send it to you. I had the same issue with Chrysler Capital, and they automatically mailed me a check after 6 weeks or so.

Here is my experience with Vroom:
Sold a 2018 Nissan Pathfinder (23k) to Vroom ($18,979)
Accepted: 9/15
FedEx Received & Sent Back: 9/18
FedEx Received by Vroom: 9/21
Carrier pickup confirmation: 9/25
Carrier picked up: 10/1
Vroom Payoff sent to Nissan: 10/5
Payoff Received by Nissan: 10/6
Called NMAC to ask about holdup - they are busy, said to just wait: 10/13
NMAC Processed Payoff: 10/15
Listed on Vroom ($20,860): 10/18

1 Like

Anyone in CA knows if we need to file the release of liability online after Vroom carrier picked up the vehicle?
Contacted LFS and they said no, but just want to make sure that we are no longer held reliable on that vehicle.