Sold one to VROOM!

You cannot sell your Nissan to 3rd party directly, you know that right ?

I don’t think it is state dependent. Here is the message I got from carvana

Thank you for taking the time to submit your vehicle for a value with Carvana. At this time, we are not able to move forward with purchasing your vehicle as   (US Bank / Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp / Ford / Ally Financial)'s policy has changed regarding leases and they no longer allow third parties (like Carvana) to purchase their leased vehicles.

That is only for carvana. I was told same thing by carvana. However I called vroom and they had no problem. Car has been picked up already and I got the positive equity check as well.

Just sold one to vroom life has been altered. They overnighted the payment within two hours of vehicle pickup

Vroom vs. Algo. I had Algo match my Vroom offer as I have not received the Vroom documents in nearly a week and want this truck gone. I dont think I’m stuck with Vroom (?) at this point as I have not signed anything and also sent them an email stating that if they dont get back to me I will go somewhere else. Algo says they will do this in a week and give me the check on the spot so trying to decide whether to go with them. I see various opinions on which option is better but it seems that it can be a crap shoot for which co. to go with. Last thougthts?

thanks

I am ready to tell Vroom to go pound salt. Nothing but problems and delays, spent another hour in phone today trying to get them to schedule pick up my vehicle, then was disconnected, called back, half hour into that call, their agent had no idea what was going on. This has been ongoing 9/4 to 9/26. My advise run from vroom.

Never had problem with Vroom & they picking up my 2nd car on Monday. I received call from transportation company on Friday they were ready to pick up but nobody was home so I schedule for Monday.

thanks for the info. Vroom has not been very responsive (i.e. slow) so thinking of going with ALgo who seem very eager (they did the video inspection today, matched the Vroom offer and already the documents. They say they can finalize and pickup the truck this week). If I don’t get the Vroom documents on Monday (the docusign webpage showed its signed by them) I may have to reconsider and go with Algo. I would like the truck gone this week so I can make serious offers on an Acadia AT4 that I’ve seen.

1 Like

I called vroom for the same question, one of the representative told me that just give a signature and leave everything else blank .

For people in California who sold lease vehicle to VROOM before, do we need to notify DMV to cancel registration ourselves after sold? Or will it be handled by VROOM?

I did the online release of liability.

Thank you.

What did you enter for New Owner information? I’m in the same boat as @Liekkas as Vroom is coming to pick up my car in the next couple days. Thanks!

Totally took about 1 month to close with Vroom.
Took my bank another 11 days to close the account.
Overall… slow but everything works out just fine.

1 Like

It’s been over two weeks since Vroom picked up my car, and I’m still waiting for the correct payment. They sent a check a few days later, but it was $500 less than it should be (based on a previous appraisal before they raised it). The Civic was paid off at Bank of America (thankfully), but it’s been two weeks of back-and-forth 1hr wait time calls to get everything sorted out for my equity payment. And I’m still waiting. I don’t have any doubts that I’ll eventually get the correct amount, but damn it’s too much of a hassle for $500. Should have just went to my local dealer that was only a couple hundred lower. I’m glad I was selling to downsize, because not having a payment for two weeks after selling would be detrimental if I was waiting for the payment in order to purchase or lease something else.

So I tried to sell one to VROOM but honestly it’s a headache.

My payoff on a 2018 Camry was around $15,750 set to mature in December. The car had an accident (nothing major but the bumper was going to need a little work), 2 new tires, brakes, and I might have gotten dinged for the gash on the steering wheel from the wife’s ring.

I went to the big 3 and received the following:
Vroom: $15,950
Carvana: $14,940
ALGo: $19,700 (pre-walkthrough)

ALGo called telling me they’re holding off on buying in my state. I figured Vroom would help me break even and save probably a little over a thousand dollars on the backend since I wasn’t going to lease another vehicle (and probably would have been on the hook for all the mentioned items previously).

I waited few days, received the $500 increase from Vroom and tried to start the process but it was brutal. I couldn’t get anyone on the phone and they wanted to do a 3-way call with TFS to authorize getting an official payoff amount… after 40 minutes on hold, they gave up. After calling them 2 more times to get the balling rolling, I just felt like I was driving this more than them (understandable I suppose).

I had also booked an appraisal with Carmax for shits and giggles during all of this. Day and time came and I took it in. After about 20 minutes of “touchless” appraisal they offered me $17K. Done.

I continued to drive the car for few more days while I was getting the other car serviced.

Went back with the paperwork, they started the process while I sat in my car. They got on the phone with TFS and called me 20 minutes later to authorize the release of the payoff info. Waited another 40 minutes outside while they did their final walkthrough. I gathered my belongings, signed the necessary paperwork and walked out with my check.

It’s been about 10 days, they advised it might take up to 3 weeks for TFS to confirm payment and close the account. No sweat off my back… next payment wasn’t due till November.

In all and all I estimate I saved about $1,700 including the damages, tires, deposition fee and insurance. And add another $1,250 or so in the actual positive equity. Not terrible for freaking Carmax of all places.

It’s been discussed somewhere further up in this thread. I believe you use the dealers name.

My car just got picked up this morning and few hours later vroom send me an confirmed sales email and also provide the New owner information.

Lol mine was picked up yesterday morning as well. I had accidentally signed the Docusign paperwork with my name/signature instead of my wifes, even though she’s the only name on that car. Vroom had to re-send the Docusign so that set us back a bit, but no problem. Just waiting for payment to get sent to our lienholder.

Yeah had my own Vroom experience as well which took about one month from beginning to end. Got my quote on Sep 8 and they came to take the truck on Oct 4- a Sunday! Funny thing as pickup was farmed out to an independent contractor and he came to get the truck, took pics, gave me his ID (after I asked because it was unusual to say the least). He then drove off with it. Apparently he had a car truck parked near JFK airport as he had several vehicles to pick up. I was not told this and was very apprehensive almost to the point that I was ready to cancel it but went ahead. Got a notice and BOL that day that is was picked up and notice that payment was sent out on Oct 5 via fedex. Got payment on the 6th.

While this was taking so long I contacted Algo as well. At first they were $2k less than Vroom but then matched the offer. I told them if Vroom did not get back to me in a day I would use them. But then Vroom finally contacted me with the details. This did not prevent Algo from hounding me for two days; talking about how Vroom could change their quote when they come to see the vehicle. Well I wasn’t sure that Algo would not do the same so I stuck with Vroom and while lengthy, they did pickup and pay quickly once all the paperwork was finished.