Sold one to CARVANA!

I’ve been waiting for Carvana to process my seller’s paperwork for 3 days now. It seems like they are crazy busy and running behind processing the requests. I keep refreshing my price, while I am waiting for processing, and it keeps going up. It’s a running joke in my family now (what’s carvana at today). We take turns pressing the submit button.

How can you refresh the price? For me it’s just one price and it’s expires 03/23. We need this car until end of this month as our new car is yet to be delivered to the dealership. What do you all think about Carvana quotes for next week?

You refresh the offer by clicking “Edit Vehicle Details” and then resubmit the appraisal form. I usually just adjust the buyout prices, based on the change in daily interest and leave everything else the same. It will then refresh with a current offer, but note you will loose your old offer forever. Offers only seem to be going up, so I wouldn’t be too concerned.

1 Like

Can I ask what it was, limited edition Subaru? Some people were posting about Carvana buying and then selling used Tacos for over MSRP during the summer.

:chocolate_bar:

Thank you so much.

Careful. I thought that same thing and my offer actually went down 900. Still more than my purchase price but was still a bit bummed.

The used car market is very hot right now, which should be a reminder to folks to give a private party sale a shot before turning to Carvana, Vroom, etc. I sold my 2011 Toyota Sienna minivan in one day on Craig’s List for $4K above what Carvana ($5K above Vroom) was offering me. Could not have been easier.

where is the best place to find the sticker window of my car so that I can enter the features of my car accurately?

Google “vin decoder [insert make]”

1 Like

Not getting any luck with any of my cars with Vroom or Carvana. 2017 Evoque SE Premium and 2019 BMW 430xi, both a few thousand below my lease payoff. Lease ends for both in 2 months. Oh well.

Same here…was following a 4 series BMW that is nearing end of lease and its gone from $2k positive to close to $2k negative in the past few months.

any other sites to try other than carvana and vroom?

Do so with a separate vin, that way you can always tell. I hacked my carvana offer from 9k to 11k on my altima by checking twice a week with an identical vin.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

Just sold my 2018 TIGUAN SEL AWD to carvana in California. It was on a 3 year lease ending on April 1st. The lease return would have cost me a 1000 dollars for disposition plus repairs. However I ended up making 1739 from carvana
A few notes that might help other people

• Carvana gave me an estimate of 23367 but then when I uploaded the documents they said they could not take it because the lease expired within 60 days

• I called VWCredit (audi financial services) and was able to extend my lease for 2 months at no charge. They also told me I could cancel this extension on March 31st with no charge, so there is basically no risk to doing this. I gave them carvanas number and asked them to fax the dealer pay off quote

• I called carvana back and they accepted the lease extension and allowed me to schedule an appointment. Actual appointment took about 20 mins, and the payment showed up in my bank account almost instantly, although it listed as “pending”. Note that I added my debit card as my payment method which is the only payment method that is instant.

• In CA, you do not need to remove the plates, they recycle them for you. I had already removed mine but ended up leaving it in the car. Also this is the link to the DMV release for liability

dmv.ca.gov/release/liability
    . The carvana employee texted me all the details I needed to complete the form. However I recommend you take a copy of your registration as you will need some info from it.

• On other thing, after they gave me my initial offer, I edited the mileage because it was off by 500 miles. Although the quote it showed me remained the same, it had actually revised the quote almost 3000 dollars lower on the back end. Luckily I caught this when I was on the phone with carvana and they were able to reinstate the original offer.

• You are allowed to drive a 1000 miles after the estimate on the odometer so I probably should not have revised it. Also FYI I have tried to recreate this quote in private incognito windows and have never gotten close. it has always been significantly lower. My vroom quote was 21,325 and shift was 22,500.

Hope this helps someone!

4 Likes

I ran my License plate 3 times in the same hour and the quote increased by $600 upon the 3rd time.

The value assessment is computerized. I don’t understand the algorithm but whatever.

Carmax now offers instant online appraisals. About to sell my Rogue to them for about 2k higher than Carvana and about 3k higher than Vroom.

are these real though?

Yep sure are. Did an online appraisal, went in store to confirm and have it as a written offer from them good thru Friday when I am selling my car to them.

Hello! I’m on my fourth Odyssey lease, a 2019 Ex-L. It’s time to renew the tabs, so I decided to run numbers on an early lease end. I’m currently at $456 a month with $0 down, first payment due at signing. This was my highest payment by far of all leases. The dealer offered a cap cost of $33,830 on a 2021 EXL, mf .0012, payment of $400 a month at 12k miles a year, or $390 at 10K miles a year, with $0 down and first payment due at signing. I haven’t negotiated at all, but this seems like a good start. Any opinions? I’m in the twin cities, MN.
Honda dealer said my payoff is at trade in pricing, and thus no equity payment to me, but the lease deal they offered me still stands even without a trade in. I ran numbers through Carvana and they will give me $32,870 for my 2 year old van with 17,000 miles. I’m scheduled for them to pick it up this week, but it seems a little too good to be true. They told me they will give me a check for the equity, over $4K, and they will handle the Honda payoff with not future fees or taxes for me. Does this sound right?

I would separate those two transactions. You may find out that dealer is pocketing Your positive equity.

Have You checked other 3rd party dealers. Vroom carmax ALGo Lenders?
You can get 3rd party dealer payoff using dealer track

There should be no guessing.
Good luck