Sold one to CARVANA!

Well, I don’t know either, but out of all of Volvo’s cars over the past 2 decades or so, the XC70 is the one that holds its value the best. It’s also the one that a lot of people think is Volvo’s last traditional wagon.

This particular one had low miles, every option except booster seats and parking sensors, and the T6 with the 2015.5 interior update…but it’s still cRaZy! I told my wife to never expect this again, ever.

4 Likes

Congrats! Don’t spend it all on the next lease :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is just crazy, yeah. I guess the original sticker was $46-47K max, so it makes 66% RV after 5-6 years. Even Subaru doesn’t get that :slight_smile:

I will leave it at this. Skeptical at first, now a believer. It may not work for everyone, but if the stars align and the vehicle, terms and residuals all work out, its sort of nice getting out of a lease early with positive equity, using that to move into a new vehicle AND have a little change left on the side. Now too many decisions and worrying about getting the best deals on the next car.

Tip: My appointment confirmation email contained a disclosure that up to 1,000 excess miles from original appraisal is ok. Wish I would have known that, I’ve parked my Spark for the week! Maybe it was in the fine print somewhere, but I never saw that. Could be their way of keeping excess miles down.

Sold my 2020 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 SR5 to Carvana.

My Original Negotiated Price from Dealer was $47k with tax, delivery charge, and dealer add ons. I had 5k down payment on this truck. Since I own a business, for which I use this truck, I was able to take the Section 179 Bonus depreciation for 2020 - $7K

Carvana offer - $45k

I owed $39K on the truck and Carvana cut me a check for $5500.

I was able to put 10K miles on the truck, got my down payment back, and bonus depreciation which more than covered all the payments I made for 2020. Walked away with just over $1000 of net profit for 6 months of ownership. I think I got a bit lucky with the timing as the stimulus has just passed, and the car dealerships are prepping to sell a bunch of vehicles. Inflation is creeping up, and I can see this in the prices. I won’t buy a new truck again for quite some time, but I was happy with Carvana’s offer as it came in 5K over VROOM and 3 other dealerships.

Final numbers with taxes and fees excluded due to state by state differences:
Bought 2020 Chevy Spark MSRP $14,395 on 12/8/2019
Supplier (Costco) Discount $115
$700 Costco card received
$1,500 rebate with 0% financing for 72 months
$500 GM Credit Card allowance

Total paid $11,580
Carvana paid $10,732 on 3/14/2021 with 18,xxx miles
Net cost $848 over 15 months, original taxes and fees excluded

I do not see how Carvana is going to profit on this deal, but I pretty much had to take it, dealer would not come close and Carmax offered $9,900 online.

1 Like

I hear Carvana makes on average $2000 per vehicle on the back end.

1 Like

Scary how high some of these offers are, even on my own. Just a sign of where used prices are heading.

1 Like

just accepted a Carvana offer and like everyone else, hard to say no to it…

2019 Honda Ridgeline Sport - bought on 12/31/2019 (end of the day gimme attempt - worked!)
$310.22/mo all-in on a 36/12k term with 1st month on dealership - true sign and drive
made 13 payments totaling $4032.86
drove 11750 miles during the time

lease payoff of $27,117.96
Carvana offer $30,602
profit of $3484.04

basically drove the truck for $36.50/mo for the almost 15months of having it (turning in on 2nd to last day of lease payoff window)

currently working on a replacement Ram or Tundra (hoping to top off at $400/mo all-in), tho the Tundra’s have no incentives/offerings going and the Ram with anything optioned is seeming hard to accomplish. Now considering a Tacoma since those deals are decent, and recently been in contact with a few Honda dealers and may even grab a leftover 2020 Ridgeline if they play nice again

if anyone has leads on a Ram/Tundra in the SouthEast to the above - do share lol

2 Likes

An acquaintance sold a 7+ yr old SUV for 50% of purchase price

2 Likes

So, it is better to buy? lol

Sounds like carvana are going for it. Carvana to Boost Capacity, Betting Online Car Sales Are Here to Stay - WSJ

“Until then, the company is dealing with declining inventory due to strong consumer demand. Immediately available inventory dropped by about 26% in January to 9,500 cars a day, compared with the fourth-quarter average of 12,800. That’s up from an average low of 4,700 cars in July, and down from a high of 25,300 in April.”

the a team 80s GIF

1 Like

Is Carvana having issues at the moment? I can’t seem to press next to proceed after filling out the vehicle basics.

Still for sale LOL

1 Like

“Purchase in progress”

2 Likes

Many thanks to this forum. I never thought the following was possible: Buying a car, driving off the lot, finding a better deal on a better car and then selling your present car for a profit.

I just sold our Lexus UX250h which we leased about 3 months ago. At the time of Carvannas purchase, the payoff was $29,000. After 900 miles, Carvanna bought it for $33,400. Without accounting for the miles we used, and considering $1500 DAS and $380 ish/month for 3 months, we actually got a small profit.

It allowed us to get a loaded Lexus NX at $372/month with $500 DAS (same terms as the UX).

8 Likes

Was messing around on Carvana and ran my car’s Lic Plate to get a value.

Saw that it was $2000 more than what I paid (before tax) and $1300 over what I owed. I had put $0 down on this car and drove it 12k miles in 9 months. I wasn’t even thinking about selling it and after a few days of thinking I ended up selling it. The process was simple and smooth. I got the check right then and there during pick up and the loan was processed and paid off a week later. Crazy smooth and crazy easy.

Today I just checked and they are selling the car for $34,500 which is $2700 more than their purchase price from me, and $1,550 more than its original MSRP.

I did have a limited edition car that has since been discontinued but nonetheless it was a no-brainer for me to do. Now I am going to buy a house.