Sold one to CARVANA!

Definitely seems to good to be true, but it is. Used car values are through the roof! If Carvana confirmed the payoff with Honda you are all set. Just make sure to notify the DMV you sold the car just to CYA.

Honda will charge you the $350 disposition fee if carvana buys it, so don’t be surprised when that shows up

Thank you, I figured that although with it being called a “turn in few” on my lease, that seems unfair to charge as Honda won’t be inspecting or detailing it.

What would I list as the dealer turn in address? Carvana corporate?

Agreed. Unfortunately the language in the contract is written such that you only don’t pay it if you personally buy it out

Yes, You can

I would give them a call. I started my process on Friday afternoon, called them to let them know that they payoff was not the dealers payoff and a conference call was needed. We called, the representative obtain the paperwork and they worked on the approval while on the phone. I had my approval an hour later and drop off schedule for tomorrow.

I’m all set, got a pickup scheduled for Wednesday. This is the 4th car they are buying from me!

1 Like

I was in the process of selling my car to carvana, approved and appointment to drop it off this morning. I read that carmax has just started doing online appraisal a few weeks back and they offered me $400 more for a total of $6,200 on a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Stopped by and sold it last night as carvana doesn’t price match.

If anyone is comparing offers and has a carmax near by it’s worth a shot.

Carmax on-line gave me $6K less than Carvana for my S60 lol.
YMMV, obviously

That’s a valid point! I must admit, I only considered it because it was online since from past experience (in person) I always got the lowest offers from them.

In my case Carmax gave me $4k more than Vroom for 2020xc60 ( it is $1k above payoff ) but VCFS sells lease cars only to Volvo dealers :frowning:

I tried selling my leased Volvo XC40 to Carvana but this is the response I received:
Thank you for taking the time to submit your vehicle for a value with Carvana. At this time, we are not able to move forward with purchasing your leased vehicle as Carvana’s policy does not align with (US Bank / Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp/ Infiniti / Ford / Ally Financial/ Volvo/ Lincoln/Tesla)'s policies, and this prevents us from being able to purchase leased vehicles from this provider.

Yeah, my appraisal was also $1K over payoff, but we can’t sell to them anymore.

Back in the day Carmax used to charge selling fee which was around $700-900 altogether. I’m not sure if they still doing it

WOW!!!
Good to know.

Vroom offered me $5k over what Carvana offered, is this too good to be true?

Nah, sometimes they’re more, sometimes they’re less

2 Likes

If you get a really good offer in writing, take it…

1 Like

It seems like not anymore per my experience.

1 Like