Sold one to CARVANA!

Seriously, WTF is wrong with them? Seems to be a roll of dice on what information you are going to get. I had zero issue once on my GM financial account. Carvana still asked for the last 4 of my social to confirm the buyout? Makes no sense, but I am going to play their silly little game and get my equity dammit! :sweat_smile:

I’m gonna try a different rep

1 Like

Download from your GM account the “third party authorization form”. Fill it out and email to GM Financial (email address in the form), and then call to have them to fax your payout to Carvana. Calling GM is not too bad, usually less than 30 min’s wait time.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Just looked at the form and I’d cross these out and add verbiage about the 10-day payoff quote (bold is added by me)

“I hereby grant you permission to communicate with and discuss the above referenced account with the third party named below. I also grant permission and unlimited authority to the third party named below to obtain 10-day dealer payoff quote make any and all arrangements on the account referenced above, including, but not limited to, making payments, obtaining due date changes and authorizing extensions.”

Looks like Carvana removed the 10-day payoff requirement in their updated their intake docs for GM Financial leases:

Also had an 8 hour plus hold only to be told they won’t buy my leased car since I am in the last month of my Chrysler Capital lease and Chrysler will only provide a written personal payoff letter and not a written dealer payoff letter even they chrysler verbally told me the only difference is the taxes and that Carvana shouldn’t need the written letter without the taxes. Even told Carvana rep to reduce the payment to me by the taxes and they couldn’t approve that either. Of course Chrysler won’t agree to extend me lease to allow this sale. If you have 90 days left, don’t wait to try and sell your car.

If you are having problems communicating with Carvana, try sending messages through the “additional document upload”. If that doesn’t work, DM their Twitter account.

1 Like

Yep, you are actually “talking” to a real person through those uploads. So, in the additional documents, you can upload a message as a Jpeg, and the person reviewing your file will email a response. Better than nothing.

1 Like

Hope carvana stops dragging their feet. My lease ends in 61 days. I’ve been trying to upload docs and get lease pay offs over the last week but have been unsuccessful. Anybody know if their 60-day requirement is from the day they pick up the car or when you start the process?

Shift has no such requirement so you can drive the car longer assuming the pricing doesn’t drop.

The day you start the process and submit all docs.

1 Like

Thanks to Leasehackr, I sold my leased Acura MDX to Carvana and took advantage of the positive equity. Pretty seamless process overall from start to finish.

Sold one to Carvana Thursday, selling them another one on Monday!

Honda Pilot EX-L, 2020, leased it for 11 months. They offered me $1863 over payoff so I took it. They are IMPOSSIBLE to reach but everything happens digitally pretty seamlessly. If you try calling you’ll be frustrated. Pickup was late by an hour. Payment happened instantly.

Selling a leased 2019 Kona Monday to them for over $1300 over payoff. Not bad! We will see how this one goes. That one was harder at first as Hyundai would not provide me the payoff, only a dealer could get it. Super annoying, but Carvana handled it all for me.

Both of these were handled in a week, accepted offer on the Pilot on Sunday and started the paperwork submission, they picked it up Thursday. Accepted Kona offer on that same Thursday, they are picking it up Monday.

2 Likes

Hi dumb question that I’m sure has been asked/answered many times here. My leased 2020 Infiniti QX60 has a “dealer” payoff quote of about $38,400 and a “individual” one that has NJ sales taxes added of about $40,900. Carvana is offering about $38,900 for it. Do I have $500 equity on the car if its the dealer payoff or would I be underwater by $2k due to sales taxes that Carvana would pay Infiniti finance?

Carvana doesn’t deal with Infiniti.

Thought its just these banks including Nissan which is separate as per this chat:

“Please note, we do not buy out leases through Ford Motor Credit, Ally, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp, or US Bank, nor those within 60 days of the maturity date.”

1 Like
1 Like

After a transferee decided to back out of the lease transfer for my 2020 BMW 330i (he had already given me my MSDs minus an incentive of $500 and we were at stage 3 :roll_eyes:), I was like, I’m not waiting for another buyer to come, so I decided to check out offers from Carmax, Vroom, Shift, Carvana, etc. thanks to Leasehackr.

Glad I did, because Carvana offered me close to $600 more than my lease payoff. I was honestly surprised even for BMWs that the value is so much higher right now during COVID. When I first thought about transferring my lease back in Nov 2020, Carvana and others were only offering like $31K. Now, they bought it for close to $36K. :grin: :open_mouth:

And I’ll get the full $3,150 MSDs back from BMW still! Win-win! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

To those who have sold their leased bmw to Carvana, at pickup can you verify in the documents you sign that msd’s are not part of the deal ?

In my “customer” payoff letter there is specific area to authorize/not authorize bmw to apply mds’s to the payoff amount. Does Carvana use the same form for you to sign? Just wanted to now what to expect when they pickup my x2 this week.

Edit: Carvana already checked with bmwfs and it was the same payoff as mine. But I was unable to be in the call.

I can confirm that Carvana will NOT buy an Infiniti lease, but AutoLendersGO will.

Toyota/Lexus won’t send me or Carvana a dealer quote. Anyone else experience this??