Sold one to CARVANA!

Carvana coming to pick up the car on Tuesday. Anyone take the car to the car wash before? How strict are they with small light scratches here and there?

They’re pretty laid back

The MSDs are separate and not part of Carvana’s paperwork. BMW gives you the option to use the MSDS towards your payoff, but you have to sign a separate form to authorize that. Carvana didn’t give me that form to sign.

In terms of the payoff, I know the standard paperwork and payoff letter in our BMW FS accounts say the listed payoff is for our personal use only. Normally, BMW doesn’t disclose what the dealer/third-party payoff would be to us/the lessee. But, I asked the BMW rep since I was so close to completing my lease transfer at stage 3 when the transferee backed out that she felt bad for me and disclosed the dealer payoff is the same as my listed personal payoff. That’s why I felt comfortable going the Carvana route.

If you noticed, that’s why Carvana requests the last 4 digits of your SSN to verify your BMW account and the dealer payoff when they call BMW after they verify the first set of docs you provide.

how long has it taken most of your cars to be actually paid off with the lien holder (mine’s toyota financial)?

carvana picked up mine about a week ago (i’ve had more complicated transactions at a mcdonalds drive thru. seamless and top notch!) and my payment is due tmrw … for some idiotic reason i thought they said 5 business days so i canceled my payment but now just to be safe i rescheduled it.

Now who am I going to get that money back from? The finance company or carvana?

finance company will refund any overages. I wouldn’t take any chances with the monthly payment, I got screwed when dealer did not pay on time and I got hit with a late payment on my credit report.

1 Like

When selling my Chevy Cruze, GM Financial closed the account in about 5 days after pickup. This was back in December so who knows how long it is taking Carvana to send out payoffs these days.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the confirmation, that makes sense it should be separate.

1 Like

Agreed…dont take the chance. Make the payment if theres any doubt about the timing and then get the refund after the fact. That has happened to me a few times…it always comes out in the wash.

2 Likes

When I sold a Toyota to Carvana last year (TFS) it took a couple of weeks for the account to close after Carvana paid me (and obviously paid TFS as well). TFS then took about 2 weeks max after that to refund the MSDs.

1 Like

I sold leased highlander to them a few weeks ago. They told me they could send me an encrypted email with the payoff, fax it to carvana, or send it in the mail. For some reason they did all 3. Fax was the quickest and carvana got it very quickly.

Does the bmwfs payoff include sales tax? Located in ny if that makes a difference.

The simple number they put on the screen when you log in does have tax. Click “Get payoff documents” and youll get the full breakdown (as a payoff pdf letter will pop up).

1 Like

I did not wash it. Just cleaned the inside and vacuumed it. They are pretty lenient and don’t harp on small scratches and dents.

For Acura/Honda, I think it took about 6 business days from signing the paperwork. I would still make the payment and then get credited back by the leasing company.

Mine didn’t have it, but I’m in CA. Not sure if NY has the same rules as CA.

Sold my leased 2019 Honda Civic to Carvana for 19,300. Not sure how they’re making any profit on it. My buyout was 15,400 so I pretty much came out even on the whole lease

Seems so overpriced to actually buy cars from them, noticed this 2020 Mercedes GLE350 listed at about $900 over the sticker price. Seriously people would pay them HIGHER than the brand new sticker price for a used vehicle however low the miles may be!

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1712614

They make it up in volume!

Seriously, though, I just sold them two cars too…you can buy new ones for a couple hundred more if you’re a decent negotiator. Perhaps they make it up in financing and F&I…lots of people buy needless expensivie add ons while signing paperwork.

Made a stupid error, I had originally put my MDX in earlier this month and got an offer and made an appointment for this upcoming weekend. Last night, we were just casually checking and entered the car which has 400 miles more now and the value dropped $1,500. Will Carvana honor the first, higher offer generally speaking? Thanks for any input.

I made the same mistake. They won’t honor the old price for me. Hopefully a different story for you.