Signed: 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge Ultimate | MSRP $62750 | 24/7.5k $403 + tax | DAS 2.3k + MSD 4.5k

Signed and picked up today. Location NorCal - Bay Area.

Model: 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge Ultimate
MSRP: 62750
Selling Price: 57400 (~8.5% off MSRP or $5350 discount)
Incentives: 14000 (7500 lease cash, 2500 Costco, 500 A-plan, 3500 region specific XC40 lease cash)
Terms: 24/7.5k
Residual: 58%
MF: 0.00195
Downpay: $0
DAS: $2300 (acquisition, 1st month, license fee, doc fee… etc)
MSD: Max 10 at $4500 (brought down MF to 0.00145)
Monthly Payment: Pre tax $405, after tax $443 (San Jose tax rate 9.375%)
Leasehackr Score: 10.6 year

Originally searching for C40 Ultimate but no dealers I asked around NorCal would even hit close to 10% off MSRP. Almost went with the Tesla Model 3 inventory cars with $3k discount. However, one dealer worked with me on XC40 Ultimate with the additional regional specific (AZ, CA, HI, NV) XC40 $3500 lease cash which made the monthly payment much more sense. I had the Model 3 before so decided to try out different brand and XC40 would get me Volvo loyalty discount if I decide to take my EX90 reservation in the future.

13 Likes

Congratulations and enjoy!

1 Like

Great deal on a nice car. Congratulations.

1 Like

Excellent deal! Congrats, how are you liking the car so far?

Would you be open to DM’ing me the contact info for this dealer / salesperson? I’m in the market for a C40 or XC40 in NorCal and would be interested in talking to them.

1 Like

Congrats. In addition to the XC40 lease cash that might be the best residual % and MF I’ve seen on an XC40.

Seems like you got a great deal.

1 Like

nice work! I’m going to use these numbers when I get mine. Anyone had any success in factory ordering a lease car? and still getting a deal like this, or would this only ever work for an in-stock car?

OH! and can you explain the MSD? Pardon my ignorance, but what is that…

We like it so far, but steering is a bit light even on firm setting and feel not as planted as our other EV - Kia EV6 GT-line AWD. Maybe because the height of the car and shared ICE/EV platform. I saw you are looking for the XC40 too, how is the hunt?

PMed. C40 does not have as good of incentives versus XC40 now.

MSD = Multiple Secure Deposit to buy down the interest rate. Search Leasing 101 on this forum for detailed explanation.

Thanks. I did that right away and got a crash course.!

I’m jealous!!

I loved how light the Volvo steering was in my XC60. It made longer drives seem effortless. Yes, it may of been devoid of feel, but 99% of the time I want comfort when I’m commuting. I could operate the wheel with a couple of fingers. In my Hyundai now I feel like I have to yank the steering wheel and I wish there was more steering assistance.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this!

Why do you pick 24/7.5k rather than 10k or 12k, would 7.5k be too little? What is the overuse fee for each mile?

It all depends on your usage, ours is for couple days commute a week and we have another EV in the household. My previous lease was 12k and had to do multiple road trips towards the end of lease to even hit close to the mileage, it was hectic.

Better not consider the over usage penalty, get the bigger allowance mileage you need when signing.

1 Like

That is correct, but there are other factors as well, such as residual value which is stronger on the C40.

This. In specific cases, over-mileage penalties going from 7.5K to 10K are actually cheaper than a outright 10K lease.

Congrats! Almost bit on a C40, but got cold feet. Looking at Tesla too now–how’d you get the $3K discount offered?

dang I missed out on the $3500 lease cash.

Actually more. Keep checking the Tesla inventory cars, there was a few base M3 RWD listed last week with a $2810 discount, plus another $500 off with referral link.

1 Like

How much more would this be at 12k miles per year? 7500 is way too little for my commute.