Signed: 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge Ultimate | MSRP $62750 | 24/7.5k $403 + tax | DAS 2.3k + MSD 4.5k

Less 2% RV, so about $55 more per month for 12k

Sent PM. Already helped a member here who picked up a blue XC40 yesterday.

PM me if you can work in FL. Dealers here acting like brokers are lying with their deals.
Trying to get a C40 or XC40 for a one pay lease

OP’s deal is in California. Have you reached out to @Benedetto? I think he has a Volvo plug in the south. You may want to reach out to NE brokers as well. I believe Florida doc fee is $1199. Northeast brokers have a doc fee of around $179 - $500. So the difference will cover shipping.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. I was able to recreate this exact deal except for the $500 A-plan discount (no way to qualify) in Southern California. DM me if anyone wants to know the dealer. This was considerably better than what the lease brokers were offering for whatever reason.

Congrats. Glad this post is helpful here. For the other NorCal people who asked for dealer info, let me know if you were able to get the deal. Two members already told me they were able to replicate or get very close.

1 Like

Hi,

I am interested in this deal. Please PM me the details of the dealership and salesperson? Is it it a PHEV or Complete Electric ?

Thanks

Recharge is pure EV. PMed.

I’m interested in replicating this deal in Socal. PM me if you know of dealerships willing to do this deal

The dealership has agreed to the same deal, except I need 10k/year, so waiting for that adjustment to see if worthwhile. Currently effective monthly is $535 before msd and upcharge for mileage. Appreciate the info!

1 Like

not sure it is worth it, the ulitmate would be $469/month with tax for 24/10 and 2.3 DAS + MSD 4.5 effective for an effective cost of $564/month before msd.

I also have a local dealer offering me the base model for $486/month (all inclusive) $1500 DAS (all inclusive plus first months payment) and no MSD effective monthly cost of $548.

Are the MSDs worth it? Local dealer is saying not to?

Thoughts?

What is your (opportunity) cost for the MSD? That’s the question I would be thinking about.

Assuming no/little risk of the finance company defaulting on your MSD.

1 Like

With Volvo, it’s less of a slam dunk (compared to Infiniti/Toyota/Lexus) in our relatively high interest rate environment.

You really need to be comparing apples to apples where everything but MSDs are constant. Take OP’s calculator link and set MSDs to 0.

With MSDs: $446/month
Without MSDs: $489/month

Over $1500 in savings across the 3 years of the lease. Can you invest that $4500 with zero risk of losing principal and net the same gains after tax? If a dealer’s offer is contingent on you not going with MSDs, it’s a sign that the dealer should be avoided.

For MSD, I simply take almost zero risk financial option into consideration and compare in my case. I would be saving $1k if I put MSD versus gaining <$500 if I put the same amount in CD/bonds at 5% rate, so I went with MSD.

3 Likes

The MSDs are a no-brainer, even in this higher interest rate environment. Over my 2 year lease, they save my close to $1,000 on a $4,500 MSD. If I didn’t do the MSD and invested that $4,500 at 5% APY, I would have made about $460 over 2 years… consderably less than the $1,000 you save from the MSD.

4 Likes

Plus you’d pay income tax on the interest. :dollar:

4 Likes

Deciding betwene this and Model Y. Wouldyou again pick it up

I would if lease and good deal. Otherwise, get Y if purchase.

1 Like

Hey - just seeing this thread and realizing you’re in the bay area. If you’re open to it (and your sales advisor is interested in more business) would you mind pm’ing your dealership info and contact? I’m trying to work a deal on an XC90.