Deal Check: Volvo XC40 Recharge Ultimate in CA ($505/mo + tax with $2000 DAS)

Very thankful for this community here where I learned a great deal on leasing since I never leased before and this is the first one I considered. Appreciate any advice on this deal BEFORE I sign it.

Got this from a CA dealer through a broker. The lease agreement they sent is little confusing on how they arrived at the “Gross Cap cost” and I did my best to adjust the calculator to arrive the same depreciation and rent charge based on accurate MF(0.00195) and RV (58%) for 24month 7.5K miles.

Is it even worth pursuing as I can certainly wait for 3-4 months with one car? I can afford it, but considering all the hassle and risk that I need to take to ship the car out and register again in a different state, I feel like skipping the deal.

MSRP: $62545
Incentives qualify for: $7500 EV rebate, $2500 Costco, $500 A-plan, $3500 - CA Dealer Lease Cash - Total of $14000.
Not sure why they used $2500 Costco rebate to use towards DAS and don’t have clarity on what other incentives they applied. However, assuming they factored everything I qualify for, I am kind of arriving at ~6% off MSRP to make the numbers match from the contract I need to sign.

From Lease Contract:
Gross Capital Cost: $48150
DAS: $4500 ($2000 cash + $2500 Costco Rebate)
Capital Cost Reduction: $3528.31 (Paid from DAS above)
Adjusted Cap Cost: $44621
RV 58% - $36276
MF(0.00195) - NO MSDs

Deprecation Cost: $8345
Rent Charge: $3785.93

Total of Payments: $17767 (Box 4)

Monthly payments: $505+tax = $557

Here is the calculator link that does NOT include Shipping costs around $1000 and broker fee of $500 making a total of $1500 down sort off. If I spread these across 24 months, that makes it about $63/month which adds to monthly payment of $620/month ($557+$63). I excluded that from calculator since its kind off upfront cost that won’t include taxes.

Your DAS in the title should reflect what comes out of your net worth, e.g. cash or trade equity.

Rebates coming from someone else are just incentives.

Thank you for clarifying and updated it. However, in the contract, that is how DAS is structed and hence tried to represent the same.

8.5% off from this deal in NorCal

MSDs would save you $1100

Sign and drive (MSD only DAS) adds $56 to total lease cost.

Quick update. Decided to get Ioniq 5 SEL AWD and signed the deal with $488/month with 24/12K and $2500 DAS. Will post the details later and can close this thread. Appreciate all the inputs so far.

1 Like

If you can post the details of your Ioniq 5 thatvwould be great since I am in the market for one too.

Checkout this post where the monthly lease prices are dropped by almost $100/mon compared to literally Saturday. Not sure where he sources these vehicles from, they really want to get rid off them below invoice and not sure on the reason why !

After looking at that point, I feel bad that I’m not in CA as Jeff won’t do out of state leases and they are with US bank and not HMF.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/socal-hyundai-kia-lease-and-purchase-deals-july-very-low-ev-leases/413676/245?u=gowin_09

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.