Volvo C40 Incentive Question

Why is that?

XC40 has more cargo space, back seat headroom, has a pano sunroof that opens (if you pick Ultimate) . The C40 has a glass sunroof that doesn’t open.

It sounds like the residual % and money factor for the XC40 might be better this month. Previous they were better for the C40.

Also there’s at least one recent report here of getting an extra $3,500 in lease cash this month for the XC40 over above other discounts and incentives.

Edit: also when we leased our C40 we looked into the teacher bonus as my spouse is a teacher. Sounds like it’s for those that are part of a teachers association (union) only with proof needed. And I think you do use a Volvo website to generate a pin for that. Check with your dealer/broker.

I agree with those statements, but the lease is more attractive for the c40.

If this were the case, it would be a no brainer, but I’ve received no information regarding a 3500 incentive.

Sounds like region specific.

Thanks for the update. I’m apart of a union. Did you like the c40?

XC40 additional $3500 lease cash is valid only for CA, AZ, NV and HI.

Yeah it’s been great. Very happy.

Lack of sunshade and restricted rear visibility have been total non issues so far.

2 Likes

I noticed that a few pointed to this as a dealbreaker. But with back up cams, sensors, and side mirrors, is there really even need to have a wide rear view to switch lanes or drive in reverse? Don’t think so

I guess I need to weight my options. The difference between a core and ultimate is roughly 75$.

What are the factors? If it’s the monthly, then just go for the core. If you need features such as adaptive cruise control, then you have no choice but to go with the ultimate.

I recommend going to Volvo’s site, spec out a vehicle to learn about each trim. That may assist with your decision making.

Yeah I really don’t think it’s that bad especially with the rear headrests folded. It’s mainly sky that’s cutoff in the rear view. Most of the traffic view is still visible.

1 Like

When it comes to my wife’s vehicles, it’s always about price. In a perfect world she wants to remain under 300$ per month. However, in this day and age it’s virtually impossible. So, I convinced her that if we went electric (charging is free where we live) then the net would be exactly what she pays now + gas (about 400 per month).

Then the Core is your best bet. More than likely you have to do t/f and MSDs upfront , if you reside outside of NJ.

That or we extend the CX5 lease and hope more options become available in that price range.

I have to admit I use the 360 view a lot with the bad rear visibility (the backup camera is way too low as well), which I’m pretty sure isn’t on the core. But I don’t know if it’s worth $75

It’s a great beater if you don’t need to drive 5 people, IMO there’s no way it’ll be worth the RV in 2-3 years, so consider that aspect as well

Thanks for your input. While it’s nice to have positive equity at the end of a lease, my guess is that ship is starting to sail. The majority of its use would be as a commuter to and from work.

We have positive equity in the cx-5 that’s coming to term, but that’s more to do with it being 8k under mileage.

And you can get a hitch