Signed: 2023 Volvo C40 Ultimate; 7.8kDP + max MSDs;

I spent last week chasing the legendary EQE/EQS deal. Was able to secure an EQE for 15% off pre-incentive, but I jumped to this c40 today due to CA CVRP, considering my unique tax situation last year.

My 2cents on the C40: I always prefer awd>rwd>>fwd. The EQE/EQS is an amazing and luxury car. Prob the most luxurious one as a EV but it is too big and boaty for me. I don’t have the budget for AMG EQ so the base model lacks the power I need. Still shout out for all AMGs. This class of MB is too much for my age and personality so I stepped down to this C40 after the newly available 5k rebate from Volvo.

Here is the deal: SIGNED! DEAL | LEASEHACKR
MSRP: 62240
10% off pre-incentive
7500+5000 Volvo Lease Rebate; 1000 Affiliation Code
DP includes max MSDs, 84% of total Amortized Amounts.
One flaw: for the same total DP, it should be allocated more toward the actual down to lower MSDs to 2k. (Was too excited to drive home)

After asking almost every Volvo dealer between LA and SD, I settled at thsi one (message me if you are interested in the name of dealer). The dealer is super nice, the nicest with no exaggeration. The dealer, from manager to sales, are super chill and easy === no motivation to lose/make money, not to mention to push a sale for the KPI. I feel it is a common thing for Volvo dealers.

Hope anyone looking for a C40 get a better deal than me.

13 Likes

Note: I honestly have no accurate guess of Volvo dealer’s profit margin. From the massive negotiation with MB BMW VOLVO Hyundai and KIA dealers in the past month, I feel all brands other than Volvo have some holdbacks in their margin. Even when I pushed the deal to a considerably good level (LH benchmark), I felt there are rooms, and the dealer’s margin is like a little blackhole. There is always more potential.

However, all Volvo dealers gave me the feeling that either they have a threshhold of discount not to pass, or they just lack the motivation to make more sales. Or maybe, just like online sources, the margin isn’t that much when the discount is over 6%. Would love to hear some thoughts.

Congrats on the deal!

Good deal. What is the $1,000 affiliation code?

You put $7.8k down on lease while also doing max MSDs? Was this to get a target payment? Seems risky.

Thanks bro!

1k through ABA volvo offer page

When putting more down, the MSDs lowers as well.

I’m not an expert. What’s the risk for more DP?

If you total the car, poof, Down payment gone. Insurance pays out value of the car to the lender, you get nothing.

3 Likes

Why would you want to lower MSDs, that you get back in full, by putting more down that you will never see again?

1 Like

Oops. Did not know insurance pays the value to lender only.

If the market value (when totaled) exceeds what I owe the bank, do I get the extras paid by insurance?

This varies depending on the state but likely not. $0 down is one the main points of Leasing 101.

1 Like

Just learned a lesson lol. Will confirm with the insurance company.

10% off is amazing, have been spending all day asking for 7% in NJ and haven’t found anything yet

You should also verify with your lease contract. It often stipulates how overages must be handled.

Everything looked great until I saw the amount put down. These things are really getting 30% off including incentives? Wish I could talk my wife into one.

Although this is definitely leasing 101 as mentioned above, fortunately your odds of being involved in a claim with car that is totaled are fortunately very very low.

That said, a family member just had a BMW M8 Comp convertible totaled due to a flood several months ago. BMWFS did not play nice. :triumph:

2 Likes

Looks like a solid deal. Let us know your impressions on the car once you’ve driven it a bit. I’m particularly curious about real life range results.

Congrats! Looks like a strong deal. Surprised all the incentives were deducted from the selling price and not a taxable rebate. That alone saved $1,000.

Congrats on the deal!

Just wondering if you looked at and considered the GC 4xe deals going on, it sounds like an overall better value proposition on ny eyes, I never really liked the C40, but that’s a me thing. Nevertheless enjoy it!