Costco for Volvo May 2nd - July 31st 2023

It makes the monthly similar, but doesn’t help if you were going to buy out early

1 Like

Hi - looking to lease an xc40 recharge. Asked a couple dealers and they quote MSRP - incentives:

$7500 EV credit
$2500 Costco
$1500 Volvo dealer lease credit
$1000 Loyalty

So 12.5 K off is pretty good, and the leasehackr score is around 6 years when I enter the numbers in the calculator.

Being the cheapskate that I am I can’t help but wonder if there is more room to negotiate below MSRP. I am in the land of car buying zombies with too much money(Seattle, WA), which doesn’t help. Has anyone had luck getting further discounts? I am willing to buy of state to get the good deal. Better metros to look in? Many of the brokers refuse to do out of state deals with Volvo and I am wondering what the reason is.

There are several Volvo brokers here, might make life easier.

BTW The Fed raised the interest rate, so any ‘savings’ you are looking for, don’t wait too long.

Thanks for the reply, but wouldn’t force further incentives?

There are way fewer xc40 recharges than c40 rechanges, but the dealers should be coming off msrp before incentives. Check the Marketplace to see what some of the brokers are offering.

1 Like

This is not a good score for C40, target above 10 years.

Of course. I am seeing a 10% off MSRP pre-incentive all the time, even in California:

1 Like

No it isn’t, but they’re looking for an XC40 recharge

1 Like

I’m also in WA. Our dealers don’t really negotiate off MSRP. Instead they’re marking up MF and acting like they’re are doing you a huge favor by selling you a car. Needless to say I’m looking for out of state deals.

Whoops. My bad. They both look so similar, I didn’t realize they were two different cars.
So the next question is, why are there two models from Volvo that are so similar? Shouldn’t the discount on both be similar?

10 years leashackr score is what I am looking for. 10% off MSRP plus incentives would probably get me there. Problem is my local dealer market.

c40s incentives are higher since they are moving slower. These are for purchase, and am not sure about lease incentives.

Dealers suck here and Portland as well. My experience is that you have to go pretty far out of state before you find dealers who are willing to negotiate. Will report back what I find.

1 Like

One is an ICE retrofit into an EV and one isn’t (however similar they look).

The incentives you listed are lease incentives. There is no Federal Tax credit on either the C40 or XC40 Recharge on a purchase (Section 30), only as a lease incentive pass-thru under Section 45.

The incentives you listed are lease incentives. There is no Federal Tax credit on either the C40 or XC40 Recharge on a purchase (Section 30), only as a lease incentive pass-thru under Section 45.

Correct - I should have been clearer. I was referring the the $1500 manufacturer to dealer lease incentive. No idea if that applies to the c40.

They are basically the same car. Not sure why Volvo did this…

One is an SUV and one is a Hatchback…lol.

They’re both built on the CMA platform, the C40 is lighter because it was designed to be an EV. At one time I had the exploded BOM for both and the part counts were different.

They did what most ICE manufacturers did: they retrofitted a BEV drive train into an ICE chassis (XC40 T8) then redesigned a BEV (C40). Why they continued building both is mostly customer preference, but if you follow production you’ll see that common sense caught up to them. There are fewer C40s on fire sale because they built increasingly fewer. If rumors are to be believed, they won’t be building anything with a bigger battery than a mild hybrid before Q4.

1 Like

Sure about it?

Wow CarGurus on the west coast says 200+ on both.

Now do the ports and inbounds