Signed: 2023 Volvo C40 Ultimate; 7.8kDP + max MSDs;

They do not qualify for CVRP so not worth it.

Did the residuals drop that much? I thought it is supposed to be at 61%?

Sorry for asking silly questions. My first time leasing a car.
What are DP, MSD and Amortized Amounts?
What does “for the same total DP, it should be allocated more toward the actual down to lower MSDs to 2k” mean and how to ask the dealer to do so??

A lot of people incorrectly use down payment (“DP”) and due at sale (“DAS”) interchangeably, including to some extent in this thread.

This will help explain the difference:

MSDs are multiple security deposits, which is… what it sounds like.

The finance arms of many auto manufacturers allow you to pay multiple security deposits (“MSDs”) upfront on a lease in exchange for a lower money factor (“MF,” which is the leasing corollary to an APR on a car loan).

This lowers your total lease costs, and you get the deposits back at the end.

That’s the 100 level class. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats! sent you a PM

That si definitely a good deal… So hard for dealers here to go down to 10% discount.

10% off pre-incentive

I can’t wrap my head around the calculator results. You plugged in 31.65% off in your lease calculator but mentioned 10% in the write up. If I wanted to replicate this deal without the down payment would these calc results be accurate?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. Your calculation yields a great deal. The 31.65% is the total of 10% + $7500 + $5000 + $1000. It is all in one discount based on contract I signed.

I’m surprised no one else has mentioned this – I went through the recently Signed! C40 deals and this is not the only one that is structured this way (discounted selling price vs cap-cost reduction). It makes a sizeable difference in CA due to sales tax. It actually makes no sense to me, unless dealers have been given the green light from Volvo Financial to structure it this way. If someone else has additional insight, I’d certainly appreciate it.

None of my Volvo contracts that I remember spelled out the incentives. Everything comes down from the selling price.

Really? But I’m definitely seeing contracts with the $7500 structured as cap cost reduction. I don’t understand why a dealership would use it that way if it’s available to be used as a discount from the selling price. I wonder if I’m missing something here.

It also all depends on how the state taxes rebates and how the rebates are paid in a given region. Volvo mostly has direct to dealership rebates but some are direct to customer and will show on up on a contract.

They still don’t in VA. I guess because they are not taxed.

1 Like

That’s why I said it partially depends on how the state taxes rebates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t surprise me. I recall seeing a Volvo quote bake in all the rebates into the selling price to get below NJ’s luxury surcharge, for example.

I’m in CA. The confusing part is that I’ve seen both ways used in CA Signed! contracts in the past month.

1 Like

Shit. I realized the GC 4xe isn’t on the CVRP list just now

Is the code login specific? For instance if I have my lawyer friend create a code for me?

Has to be tied to your name. Your lawyer friend cant do it for you.