SIGNED - 2020 BMW M235i XDrive - $399.50/mo - 36/10 - $0 DAS - 7MSDs - EXECUTIVE FARTS INCLUDED

After looking rather hard for a few weeks for an M235 as my wifes next DD, and honestly failing miserably most of the time, I finally found a dealer that was willing to agree to a reasonable number on one of these cars. There are definitely better deals available in the 2 series (228), but I really wanted to find an M235 (aka “poseur M Car”). After literally looking through the entire BMW line in person, my wife simply liked the 2 series the best (yes…better than any other series, be it 3/4/5/7/8…I know I know… :slight_smile: )

In any case, since a 2 series it was going to be, I was hoping to at least have it be the M235 version, but finding one that was not a complete non-LH worth deal was tough. I will also admit that this was a case of wanting (or not wanting) specific colors, etc. This car literally had exactly the right options desired and was the first choice color combo, so I sprung for it. It is what I would call a decent deal for the current environment, but nothing unicorn-like.

I approached this deal with a flat out monthly payment offer to the dealer. My first inquiry to them they came back at ~$540/mo with 7 MSDs which I obviously declined. A week later, a different sales manager called me (and for once I actually answered the phone when a dealer calls…I always email/text) and he was incredibly straight forward (and honestly very very nice). He simply asked me where I wanted to be. I said 36/10, $0 down and 7 MSDs, $400/mo (which is an effective $389 since one is only making 35 payments). He called me back 10 minutes later and said theyd do it. I said fine, send over the papers.

Of course, using this approach I already knew what the dealer would have to do to get there, so I knew it was attainable (in a variety of ways). I figured theyd need to be ~19% pre-incentives at base MF. As best as I can tell in reversing out the deal, they were actually at ~20.9% discount, but with the MF raised to something around 0.00104. Of course, I dont care how they got there in the end, but understanding the pathways there are obviously helpful.

Also, as it was an executive demo, the dealer was kind enough to also include the expected executive farts free of charge.

I forgot to mention (so as to avoid LH scorn), the BMW VISA of course used for the MSDs for 4x points.

2020 BMW M235i XDrive
MSRP: $49,195
Selling Price: $38,906 (20.9% pre-incentive discount)
Monthly Payment: $399.50 (effective $389) including FL tax ($373.36 pre tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $0 + 7 MSDs ($2800)
Months:36
Annual Mileage:10,000
MF: ~0.00104
Residual: 58% (55.76% after demo miles)
Incentives: $2500 (lease cash and loyalty)
Region: South

Leasehackr Calculator Link:

30 Likes

LOL @ executive farts. Beautiful car and killer payment for that car. Nicely done. Enjoy in good health!

7 Likes

What a fun start to 2021 between this and LT1

3 Likes

There will be a drag race between the two in a week
or so Im sure. Bet on the M235 for the first few hundred feet before the LT1 sucks the paint off the doors and (maybe) leaves a little gray primer behind.

1 Like

I’ve heard that with the proper amount of throttle, the M235 becomes an untamed beast with an obscene amount of power.

So close to being part of the hc club. :frowning:

M235 is a fun little car tho, not bad 0-60 either, jb4 probably beats the camaro, need bigger tires on that. Seems like a common muscle car problem, too much motor not enough tires.

Enjoy buddy.

My only question here is why does bmw have the acc sensor on all of these cars but no acc on 99% of them.

1 Like

Congrats on the beautiful ride!
Enjoy in good health. Glad you finally found something the wife approves of!

Thank you @Clutch …But as fun as this car is, you know I would’ve rather have had that 7 series :-). Boy oh boy did I try, for weeks I tried…But my wife was just too uncomfortable with the size of anything more than a 4 series and after looking at cars in person she really didnt want anything but a 2.

1 Like

Your wife sounds reasonable–mine “couldn’t live” without an X7. To her credit she then finally acceded to the LT1 when I pointed out that I accommodated her.

3 Likes

Only in my mind was I close @Lazarus!

That swap in SFL was a good deal at $7xx…but my wife would not drive that if someone paid her that amount per month to drive it!

Incredibly incredibly so, no joke, she literally wants or asks for nothing. She also just smiles and gently nods her head every time I come back with some other lease hack deal, LOL. She appreciates having a decent car, but she’s just a little uncomfortable driving the larger stuff.

1 Like

Admittedly, with the better greenhouse, I do feel like the X7 is easier to whip around knowing where it will go/what’s out there on the road vs. the LT1’s gun turret visibility (not my favorite), but that all matter less in a straight line!

1 Like

Leave it to @spockvr6 to post the first interesting non-LT1 or Bolt lease in months :smiley: Great deal!!

Before MY20 support ended I was working on a 2 series RWD coupe but as is usual for a Michigan BMW collector dealership they decided that they’d prefer to keep it throughout the winter and likely all of next year as well :laughing:

6 Likes

Pure energy… well done.

Were you at one point a VW owner with a 6 cylinder engine?

2 Likes

Rochester hills has been sitting on an m5 for 4xx days and refuse to go below 8% on it.

Go figure.

2020 MY support is still up from what I have heard from dealers, though admittedly I haven’t pursued a 2 series so it might be out of support.

There’s a bit of shock factor when you say 707hp or dodge, Stigma’s lol but it’s actually quite a bit easier to drive than the lt1, the throttle response is more linear and conducive to daily driving, however seems like gm hems you down for 6 months so you’re “trapped” in the lt1!

Who knows hc might be up in 6 months, definitely jack of all trades vehicle imo minus m5, e63, etc etc but they are double the monthly.

3 Likes

I have a habit (a good one I suppose) to never rely
on the rear/side view mirrors and/or blind spot monitors, so before I move left or right I always bend at the waist in the seat in order to be able to see more fully the view from the side mirrors, so going to the Camaro with its blindspots was barely even something I noticed. But, it is definitely there…" gun turret" is a very valid descriptor!

Thank you…Yes, I did find this one particularly interesting. It is not a real M car per se (according to my brother with his M8 Comp, when I asked him if he considered my M235 a real M car, he joking stated that “I am the mayor of poser town”…hahahaahaa), but it is definitely a car that is a little bit different and slightly more unique. Initially I was simply trying to hack into a crazy low payment 228 ($250ish), but decided that the extra money for this was worth it in our case. In ultimate terms, it probably isn’t, but this is still cheap enough and offers decent bang for the buck. Plus, my wife liked it😎

I am LOLing on the “BMW collector” comment. That is exactly the same term I use for many of the dealers here in Florida. It is literally unbelievable. It is almost like they have a personal attachment to their cars and they only sell them on very very special occasions.

1 Like

Wait wha? This is a 2020 2 series lol

Finally did it, took ya long enough :slight_smile:
Hopefully the missus is happy!

1 Like

Who woulda thunk that Id be happy to have spent hours a day for a few weeks to sign on a $49k car for $389?!?!?!? LOL.

In seriousness, this is exactly (literally as far as color and options) the car I was looking for, so in the end it all worked out.

1 Like

Haven’t* sorry lol. I’m assuming he meant 2 series coupe vs gc, no idea if they are supporting the coupe, assuming from your comment that means a yes.

1 Like

I believe the coupe gets the same $1500/2000 (230/240) lease cash and $500 loyalty as the GC. As usual, the M2 gets zilch.