21 BMW M235i xDrive Gran Coupe Is this deal not realistic?

My apologies if I didn’t see your response regarding the form, and you’re right, it is a two-way street.

I just missed a March $329/month 2020 M235i deal at United BMW, which the dealer said BMW wouldn’t allow going into April. I’ve always paid less than $300/month for cars (currently $255/month on a 2010 Acura TL), so this is a jump up for me.

I think I misread it my fault

No worries. Not out here trying to flame anyone, brokers included. Just trying to get a deal that works for our family, like everyone else. Life is too short to drive boring cars, that’s why we’re all here. Thanks.

3 Likes

Oh you’d be surprised how many people will jump on a boring car if it’s a good deal.

5 Likes

Since I am not as sensitive in my older years then i was before, I wont be offended that I too offered you another option and took time to respond.

With all due respect, I think this is good lesson for everyone. If a well respected broker ( i am taking a risk that I am one on here :slight_smile: ) says hey " not realistic and let’s look at another option", going to another broker, or maybe in this case, all of them ,and saying the same thing… 99.99% of the time, you are going to get the same response.

6 Likes

You saw it and replied :slight_smile:

But again, all good here, I just felt like this was a poke at brokers which wasn’t fair.

Good points all around, although I assumed contacting multiple brokers was the norm here. Have never shopped with a leasing broker before. And yes — you did respond and proposed an alternative (228i GC), which I do appreciate even if it’s not what I’m looking for, and I should have acknowledged. I’m learning some lessons today, apparently. :slight_smile: Thank you.

But dang…its that 0.01% that we all seek…the essence of LH, LOL.

Only half kidding😁

1 Like

Does a Bolt count?

5 Likes

There is nothing wrong contacting multiple brokers. Most brokers publish a spreadsheet showing their advertised deals with a pre-incentive discount for each model/car. However, if you were looking for a bigger discount compared to what they were advertising, then maybe using a LH broker is not the way to go.

Good luck.

Almost any Volvo does, but they are good cars.

The “Associated Union of Online Lease Brokers” local #666 will be issuing a formal statement condemning the above.:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Wait we have a union?

:chocolate_bar:

Looks like we have a line crossing scab here folks.

2 Likes

Seeing brokers constantly complain about it never ceases to be amusing

Sound advice to guide OP on his car-buying Journey…

The short (normalized) story is that your calculator, when adjusted to a zero drive off and no MSDs (that makes comparisons easier) is pushing $500/mo with base MF. The harsh reality is that this is about 25% higher than what might have been possible on a similar car earlier this year (and it appears even this may not be easy to achieve now). So, the core question (if it were me) would be…is there another similar car that might be available for the same $ or less that you could live with? That sounds so basic so as to be a waste of time to even type it, but sometimes the subjective desire for a car can easily overwhelm the objective facts.

EDIT - Full disclosure that I have an M235 picked up earlier this year. This is a great car, but it is not a $500-600/mo car (although my barometer has not been market recalibrated for 3 months).

SIGNED - 2020 BMW M235i XDrive - $399.50/mo - 36/10 - $0 DAS - 7MSDs - EXECUTIVE FARTS INCLUDED - Share a Deal - Leasehackr Forum

5 Likes

This hits the nail exactly on the head. I drove the M235i GC yesterday (and congrats on your purchase!) and yes, it’s very good — but it’s not $500-600 a month good. So either bite the bullet, or consider alternatives. We’ll see which. Appreciate everyone’s feedback.

1 Like

Hint^^^^^

There may be a 2020 M235 GC for sale on Carvana in FL wihin a few weeks…:crazy_face:. Values are up.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.