Show Us Your Rental Car

Two recent ones. Mustang was meh, x3m is awesome

6 Likes

X3M a Turo find?

Or did National really upgrade their Emerald dept?

1 Like

Haha, Turo for under $100/day

5 Likes

Crème de la crème, apparently. I had first chosen a Tiguan via the Sixt app as that was all that was “available”. I grab the keys to discover there is a sizable dent above the passenger side taillight and the side looked like it was side swiped. Neither of these vehicles had power lift gates, no leather, seemingly base model etc. This is with having so-called status with Sixt. :poop:

Fwiw- the Santa Fe is a bit better than I had expected. It drives OK, fuel mileage isn’t terrible, and it has oddity features you don’t find in most. I.e. it shows which wiper mode you are in on the driver instrument.

1 Like

Looks like torture after leaving the hellcat at home :joy:

3 Likes

Ha, thanks for the reminder! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

2019 Civic Sport from Thrifty. Despite not having the turbo engine nor being the latest generation, it was a quite fun car. Reminded me of my 94 integra a bit. Kinda surprised I got a rental car with 40k miles on it

1 Like

Hopefully it really was thrifty.

If I want someone’s clapped out lease return I’ll just go to turo. :grin:

First off, Polestar 2 is not Volvo. It sucks in comfort and finish comparing to any Volvo. Second - Volvos are very comfortable for most people, bar one (@mllcb42 with broad shoulders) :point_up:

1 Like

I actually find them quite comfortable, except for the xc90. The shorter doors on the xc90 put the b pillars right where my shoulder wants to go.

I know, I know :grin: But I never had this issue with my XC90. And my shoulders are like…

It’s almost if they are built in a different part of the world… :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

As other have mentioned it is important to remember you have a Polestar, not a Volvo. Don’t confuse the two despite the parent company’s ownership.

While the cupholder design in the Polestar 2 is a tad overwhelming your other issues stem from you not opting in for the plus pack and therefore did not receive a heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, heated wiper nozzles, interior illumination, wireless charging, and much more

Tbh I don’t think they were jumping down your throat. You voiced concerns with the car not having certain options, and they told you there’s a package that contains those options not included on your rental…

Also I don’t see anything wrong with correcting the volvo / polestar ownership

People are going to have differing opinions. What you think is uncomfortable others will think is comfortable

3 Likes

I think you should objectively read through the responses to your original review of the polestar. There were no attacks or disrespect of any kind. Most of what you wrote were opinions and most of the responses were too. You’re being extremely sensitive, especially with people you don’t know.

One thing we all can probably agree in is how dumb the name polestar is. My under developed teenage brain chuckles every time…

How are people going to say the Polestar and Volvo are not the same lol

2 Likes

Huh?

In your post you gave your personal experience with volvo comfort. Two people responded with their experiences of volvo comfort. How is that “ganging up”, “jumping down your throat”, or “snide remarks”?

People are also pointing out that because Polestar is made by Geely in China the build quality might differ from a typical Volvo. A valid point, perhaps debatable, certainly not political.

You made what would be the closest to a political point in your first post. More political than anything said afterwards:

4 Likes

can we move on lol don’t know how else to describe this except silly

5 Likes

Let’s stay on topic please.

3 Likes

@trusted_hackrs Landfill me.