Show Us Your Rental Car

I just realized that this is a 2020 MY as well. By far the oldest vehicle I have ever rented from one of the big companies.

Somewhat lucked into this in Orlando. Wouldn’t pay $100k for it, but it was a good few days.

6 Likes

Which rental company?

It was parked in an Alamo section, but National. National also had one in their upgrade section when I returned it.

national has been having good cars lately took two new silverado ltz 2023 and audi q7 new 2023 at ord

Smelled like skunk and was covered in pet hair not a fun rental. Made me wait 2 hours for it too

1 Like

Dollar? I wouldn’t have taken the vehicle, if there were any other options.

2 Likes

Hertz president circle was tired of waiting all day no other options . Got customer service to give me points for a free day for next time :joy:.

1 Like

Dang, Hertz is my favorite. Guess I’ll bite my tongue. :smile:

That’s a decent trade…as long as you didn’t have the Durango for a week.

2 Likes

Hertz Chicago, Tesla Model 3 standard range, car was new only had 800 miles on it. Good tech and basic auto Pilot. Ride was like a Civic (sorry but not sorry Tesla people), and Chicago roads were not comfortable to drive on after snow.
Loved the camera system even when driving using it as rearview camera.

2 Likes

Rented a 2022 Tesla M3 Long range for a road trip from San Diego to Reno, NV, and back. Rented through Hertz for $250 for 6 days.

Wanted to test how the Tesla does on long trips. I was surprised by all the superchargers available and the ease of charging. However, autosteering was still buggy at times, especially on smaller roads. Overall was very happy with the car and I did have a little bit of fun with the acceleration.

4 Likes

I was going to rent a tesla last weekend but chose not to. chase sapphire primary rental coverage apparently doesnt cover teslas

2 Likes

That is interesting. I just looked up capitalone’s Venture X credit card and found this:

Vehicles not covered
Certain vehicles are not covered by this benefit, they consist of expensive, exotic, and antique cars; cargo vans; certain vans; vehicles with an open cargo bed; trucks; motorcycles; mopeds; motorbikes; limousines; and recreational vehicles.
An expensive automobile is defined as any vehicle with an original manufacturer’s suggested retail price of more than seventy-five thousand dollars ($75,000.00) when new.
An antique car is defined as one that is over twenty (20) years old, or one that has not been manufactured for ten (10) years or more.
Vans are not covered. But those designed as small-group transportation vehicles (seating up to nine (9) people, including the driver) are covered.

So any vehicle above $75k MSRP is not covered.

2 Likes

Correct, but they cover authorized users as well. Honestly, if you can deal with the absolutely abhorrent CS, it’s a great value card, top level priority pass + 2 guests, free AUs, 300 travel credit (which you have to put serious legwork into using), 10k annual mile bonus, it’s not bad.

Redemptions are eh… slightly below avg, so I will be scraping miles from 5x+ flights a year for the next 3 years to earn a premium ticket on an airline that actually goes where I wanna go (most likely an ANA the room trip with my dad to Taiwan - Emirates first class so he can come visit me, etc.).

What is CS? Chase Sapphire? I like them. Anything specific that you do not like so I am aware and mindful of that? Also, my $300 gets exhausted by 3rd month. I found it to be pretty easy to get.

Customer service, like I tried calling and they were just… worse than Citi IME.

Oh, got it. I assume if I have to talk to CSR for ANYTHING, it will be a hell. Some are a bit better, some worse he he.

I tried to resolve a Venture X travel credit issue yesterday with one of Capital One’s Twitter reps, since the phone agent I talked to was useless.

No matter what I said in the DMs the agent was just copying and pasting canned replies.

I ended the chat with a promise that my next contact to resolve the matter would be the CFBP (and I’m not f-ing around).

Last week on a different card with a zero balance, they erroneously processed an automatic payment and withdrew money from my checking account contrary to their own processing rules. Now I have a credit of the same account on a card I rarely use.

1 Like

If the card had 0 balance, did they just withdraw an arbitrary amount? That’s insane.

And what would they have done if you did not have another card?

How hard can it be for them to fix this mess? :roll_eyes:

CSR is $75 per auth user.
UR is valuable if you know how to use it.

Well worth the money IMO to switch to CSR as a prem card.

1 Like