Rumor: US EV credit to increase to $10,000

Consider the good fortune to have large incentives on Bolt leases even though the federal tax credit (which goes to the owner ie the bank) for GM expired a long time ago.

Let’s be honest, would you pay $40K for a Bolt otherwise?

1 Like

Looks like a new credit is coming for evs:

1 Like

Thought you guys would find this interesting. I was hoping to pick up a 4XE soon but see that it might be worthwhile to wait. Looks like this along with an onslaught of new models hitting the market will make EV’s the new leasehackr target?

I think EVs will be the new darling of hackers soon. Similar to e-tron craze a while ago but for a lot more different makes and models.

2 Likes

Oh Gawd! This is outrageous (outrageously awesome for LH’ers :slight_smile: )

1 Like

The question is how is that going to be passed onto us “leasers “… should be interesting :popcorn:

We want ALL OF IT!

2 Likes

Long way to go to passage but that appears to be the intent of this administration/legislature

The second that gets passed you have to get an order in before Jeep updates their programs lol

Maybe by the time it gets passed Jeep will have the Gladiator 4xe available. I can dream, right?

I’d rather they stay out of the rebate world going forward and just start building chargers Norway style.

Say what you will about Tesla, but their charging network easily does half the selling when it comes down to it these days since they’re not BEV federal credit eligible and have not been for over a year now.

1 Like

Yup, absolutely. While I’m personally happy I was able to reap the benefits of the ev tax credit, I also think it’s silly that the gov would subsidize people like me getting a $70k car. I think it’s even more ridiculous for them to incentivize using union labor vs non-union US shops.

Investing that money instead in infrastructure would go way further to mass adoption of EVs. Having multiple different charging standards across different EVs is a path that’s unlikely to survive long term and Tesla has made sure no one else can use their system, so I can’t imagine there is a long term solution there. We’ve already seen them be forced to adapt in the EU.

5 Likes

Right, but 90% will jump on EVs when they see $12,500 “discount”.

There’s still a huge hurdle with mass adoption and perception of range anxiety/usability on trips/etc that stop a lot of people, no matter how cheap the vehicle.

2 Likes

Of course, that is why I said that $12,500 cash will help the EV adoption more than investments in the infrastructure that non-EV owners don’t really see until they get into EV. The range anxiety will stay, one way or the other, until you actually start driving.

It would help more in a short term boost of adoption but not for long term adoption.

2 Likes

Ideally, they should go together.

Bring out the $12,500 rebate and see how many people here will be ordering Jeeps lol.

They’ll come out of the wood works for sure…

Agree our country’s infrastructure is a disaster and needs massive help.

1 Like