Rumor: US EV credit to increase to $10,000

There is much better use of it - XC40 Recharge

Wrong.

Believe it or not, not everyone lives in a city with ample charging opportunities and range anxiety is a legitimate concern.

Installing a DCFC facility at even 1/5 of all large travel stops would help adoption rates far more than an easily abused rebate benefit. (Like buying an EV for the rebates and then flipping it for profit)

3 Likes

Not everyone, but a vast majority.

There are still plenty of metropolitan areas with poor DC charging support as well.

1 Like

Now this is interesting

The $7,500 incentive would stay, but it would be increased to $10,000 for EVs produced in the US and to $12,500 for EVs produced in the US by union workers.

It appears to have been crafted specifically to block Tesla’s access to the full incentive since the California-based automaker is one of the rare automakers whose workforce is not controlled by the United Auto Worker (UAW) union.

Not just Tesla (Fred Lambert is such a troll) but Nissan, Honda, Toyota, BMW, MB, VW/Audi all build cars in the US with non-union labor - none would get the full 12k.

Edit 1: also on this, seen elsewhere

The bill also includes a 30% tax credit for manufacturers to retool or build new facilities to produce advanced energy technologies including batteries and new incentives to purchase commercial electric vehicles.

mmm….CapEx and top-line credit is the corporate speedball that makes every CEO :drooling_face::money_with_wings::rocket::boom:

Edit 2: Legal take on card-check and possible outcomes

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/automakers-shift-to-electric-vehicles-puts-union-jobs-on-line

I am looking for a manufacturer breakdown on possible impact…

1 Like

I can’t imagine that sticking… I certainly hope it doesn’t

1 Like

Unless they jam it through reconciliation…

West Coast Complaint : Lots of Electrify America DCFC @ 43c per Kwh. (really expensive)
East coast complaint : Where are the DCFCs?

What a diff.

2 Likes

I agree that EA is pricey.

There are a few FPL 200kw DC chargers near me, and even they’re not cheap at $.30/kwh. Better than EA though.

1 Like

I plugged in the numbers in the calculator and with the new EV incentives, the etron will lease at $200 a month. You also might get paid to lease the bolt.

1 Like

It’s funny - so many Tesla’s and Bolts in the Bay Area. Go to NY and it’s the opposite. Friend in Long Island told me he didn’t want an ev because there are no chargers around…he’s less price sensitive but still a value oriented guy. I went to look and despite him being in a populated area you can get to very quickly, he was right…one slow charger within 30 minutes of him.

I have a feeling they will push for installation of chargers locally instead of federally.

2 Likes

I guess a lot of people will put down a deposit for F-150 lightning.

1 Like

These are all 50kw or higher

1 Like

Where can I sign up to lease 5 Q4s and immediately sell them back to the dealership?

2 Likes

Yeah he’s in Great Neck. There is a single ChargePoint there. He could drive into queens or Hempstead or Glen Cove…but it’s just a pain.

In the Bay Area you go to a mall? Charger. Supermarket? Charger. Drive to office? Charger. It’s not everywhere but it’s still much more convenient.

1 Like

There are a TON of Teslas here on the East Coast, especially in the NY/NJ/CT/Long Island area.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t mean to say none…but in the bay its overwhelming the number you see.

With or Without Tesla (TSLA), California Is EV Country - Bloomberg Take a look at the bar chart. It’s not even close.

Read the article and ordered my second Tesla - going to punt delivery as long as possible.

3 Likes

Good luck getting 11% and base now, and at that they may just deflate the residual further or pump the rate.

1 Like

I’ll sign up for that right now!