Rumor: US EV credit to increase to $10,000

3 Likes

Screw the credit, just build more DCFC facilities to remove range anxiety.

14 Likes

Makes sense, Tesla’s stock has been stagnant for a while with too much down trend, release the government funding secured rumor mill.

Can Electrek just shut down already, completely useless site.

3 Likes

Just in time for certain key investments to pay off. :wink:

1 Like

Without any EV credit tesla would be sitting under $100 a share.

2 Likes

Ridiculous if this doesn’t include an MSRP cap. There is no reason for us to subsidize the wealthy to purchase Model Xs and ETrons. Heck I hope the dealer lobby fights hard enough to require that the EVs are sold through dealers so that Tesla is excluded.

9 Likes

You don’t have to be wealthy to Drive either. Especially the etron. :wink:

3 Likes

With a starting MSRP of $66k, most ETron buyers are wealthy. No getting around that. Same for Model X with a starting MSRP of $90k.

2 Likes

yes, that’s the joke, thank you for clarifying :slight_smile:

What’s funny is that people actually believe if a stock doesn’t go up over a 6 month period it’s a dud!

People have short memories…from 2013-2019…over six years, TSLA stock was dead in the water despite a massive increase in revenue!

1 Like

I am now officially sorry for saying the word stock :frowning:

1 Like

All your stonks are belong to us.

5 Likes

And the credit potentially available at time of sale. Time to start flipping I3s to Vroom for fun and profit.

For a short time…before they catch on,

1 Like

Hmmm

Chevy had $7500 - Bolts were like 8k otd
Chevy LOST $7500 - Bolts were like 7k otd
Chevy gets back $10000 - Bolts will go back to 8k otd?

2 Likes

By far the best use of money, if the goal is increased EV uptake, is grants to State DoTs to get DCFC at 25 mile intervals along the highway in all populated areas. Likely the cheapest way is partner with gas station at the rest stops. Ideally, stations get a grant to install them and then they pay operating costs in exchange for keeping user fees.

If goal is to drive EV adaption there should be a hard cap. Ideally indexed to something like median cost of new vehicle in America. If feds would give 10k for any EV with a MSRP under 38k than leasing a cheap EV becomes almost free. That would drive adoption very very quickly.

3 Likes

The goal is to prop up OEMs.

Government largess to big corporations is the status quo. See section 179 deductions even when used legitimately (and I’d guess most people are using them illegally). Also see the chicken tax. Absent a few constitutional amendments that ain’t changing.

So the question is what policy we want the government hand outs to support.

3 Likes

I wonder what time frame we could be looking at here for when this could go into effect, if it passes. It does seem that the infrastructure bill is moving forward via reconciliation.

1 Like

Wasn’t that used already?