Random Jeep chatter

Never had a problem with Mitch, but we also haven’t signed yet. At first, he seemed a bit short, but he was definitely in over his head. Every email answered by next day. Jeep came in when he said it would; I never believed him, but he was right on the money.

When did you order?

He ghosted me

Really hope to see a PBNJEEP license plate on one of these with a saddle interior.

2 Likes

Mine with Mitch has been in Production since 9/7 :frowning:

I keep hoping the tracker is just delayed and Mitch is going to contact me any moment.

It is saddle but my wife is a hard no on that plate. “I don’t want to be one of those Jeep people”. Somehow ok with a tie dye spare cover though

1 Like

I feel compelled to share a word of caution, given my experiences with a Wrangler Willys (ICE). I’ve struggled to get most online buyers to come up with a proper value. Many “blue books” do not even have the Willys trims, in which case it gets undervalued as a Sport S, and those that do have the trim listed, well there are so few sales at Manheim there is no MMR. Perhaps the 4xe Willys will sell more volume to solve the second problem, but I suspect the first will continue. If your objective is to sell quickly, better to stick w/ the established trims.

3 Likes

Carvana paid over msrp on my Willy’s and I had a 6 speed with manual locks/windows

I don’t think it has even sold
Still sits in a warehouse in Arizona

Every other buyer was at 35-37 and carvana threw a fastball

4 Likes

Thatd probably work out in your favor on a 4xe though, as there isnt a lower trim to default to. If it wasnt listed, it would seem like if would have to be grouped in with the higher priced saharas

3 Likes

My offer from Carvana is $32,031 and it shows up as a “2022 Willys Sport” when it’s just a Willys (a Willy Sport is a lesser trim). My MSRP was $45K. Maybe I should send the truck to you… My best offer so far is from @Clutch (much better then Carvana)

1 Like

You are right about the trims
Autonation gmtv driveway carbuyerusa all had it as a Willy’s sport
And carvana classified it as a Regular Willy’s

You have a Willy’s s (power locks/windows)
I had a Willy’s sport which is a base but I also had
a 2020 Willy’s s with 20k miles that Carmax paid 38k for it 1.5 years ago

You should try changing the zip code to a socal see if region plays a factor
So cal 4xe market is trash
And I see some people here get some really good offers

1 Like

Here is the ICE lineup of relevance.

I have a Willys, the top trim in this set starting over $40K, optioned to $45K.
You can see the Willys Sport starts $4K less.

An offer of $33K makes sense on Willys Sport but not a Willys.

1 Like

That’s way too little

Here’s one I found seems about right

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d494&zip=93030#listing=338654758/NONE

1 Like

Willys 4xe only starts $1k lower than the Sahara, and is missing some base “comfort” options at that. I’d expect most Willys 4xes will be stickering for the same as Sahara 4xes.

Willys 4xe being cheaper isn’t gonna drag down the overall resale market; having another 4xe model that pumps even more 4xes of any kind out there and saturates it even further is what’ll do it. We already hit a point where it’s typically not profitable to flip a 4xe; these are just more Wranglers out in the world now.

So for those of you who have flipped by selling to local dealers, do they ask why you are selling with such low miles or they don’t seem to care? If they ask, what do you tell them?

Ordered the newest color. Irrational, but plausible. It’s an effective conversation killer.

3 Likes

ordered a different color as well and i decided i like that one better.

ordered a high altitude and figured it was never coming, so i decided to order another one to hold me over. then they both came at the same time (true story).

not a big fan of the way it drives

my wife hates getting the baby seat in and out of the back (true story from a buddy)

etc.

2 Likes

I’m pretty transparent that I’m trying to get the most equity out as possible so we can both make money. I don’t need to invent a story if they want it and I’ve honestly never been asked. I have volunteered what my last sale was to help set a baseline in a declining market, as well as what my “friends” recently got.

3 Likes

Tell them your wife is pregnant and the baby is due in 7 months and you need a Yukon XL Denali in the next 30 days or the world is going to end.

4 Likes

I think some of the questions were simply surprise on the part of the dealer. I don’t think they see many people trying to sell 30-90 day old vehicles with 500 miles on the odometer, unless they are suffering from extreme buyers remorse and taking a big loss. LHers are a rare seller having invested in a vehicle and simply trying to liquidate that investment for top dollar. FWIW, I always answer “really don’t like the color” and that ends it.