HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

It isnt even known if there will be a $7500 to pass on, much less if leases can be passed on

23 Rubi landed… let’s see if the rail road strike happens

1 Like

The Willys 4XE residual is only 61%?

1 Like

not out yet since no deliveries expected this month - they’re just assuming sahara RV

The residuals on the gas Willys are typically very high. Would be nice if the 4XE followed suit.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Jeep chatter

Has anyone in SoCal successfully sold to a dealer recently? It’s getting tough out there….

Anyone know of Northern CA (SF/Bay Area) dealers that will pay above 50k? I have a 2021 Sahara 4xe ($56k msrp) with 5.5k miles leased through CC. I got it from Clutch last year and want to keep it, but I’m getting a company car and only have 1 parking spot. My buyout is $41.5k (without sales tax for some reason)

Shift offered $53.4k then adjusted it to $50.3k 2 days later after I’d scheduled an appointment (before apprasial). The rest were all in the between $42-$47k, Vroom was at $36k! I’m waiting to hear back from 2 other Jeep dealers and maybe Carmax later this week.

I’ve never flipped and I’ve read through the thread - is the best option is to sell it to a CDJR dealer, since you won’t pay sales tax? Or is it the same for any dealer?

Also, does anyone have an AutoCheck account that can check my VIN for me? I tried to use the AutoTrader instant offer and it said my Jeep had multiple owners (not true), maybe that is messing up my offers?

same for any dealer. Just reach out to a few local dealers with your VIN (merc, bmw, CJDR, Chevy, etc.) see if anyone offers you more.
Most of the dealer’s I’ve seen are around 50-53 on a 22, so would be surprised if they’re in the same place for a 21.

Awesome, that’s great to know. I was under the impression (maybe read somewhere) that CC can charge a different price for dealers that are not franchised.

Ally will, not CCAP.

CCAP is the same for third party and for you as well.

1 Like

We would be happy to put a number on it. Fill the form below!

Sounds good. Filled out and submitted. Would be a nice full circle it if went back to you lol

1 Like

Here’s a data point for Nashville TN.
‘22 4xe Rubicon with hard top (added on during the lease process) 980 miles
61k on the window sticker.
Offers from 51-54k from Carvana, Clutch, Autonation.
57k offer from Driveo.com
Local CDJR dealer I got it from matched the Driveo offer so I sold it back to them. They only had a couple Sahara 4xe’s on the lot and no Rubis.
Placed order through @Clutch souther dealer for a ‘23 Rubi to keep.
Thanks for all the help from this forum!

9 Likes

Another data point for CT/MA

2022 Sahara, black hard top, cold weather (57k when ordered, 58,600 when delivered)

-Autonation: $50,500
-Various local dealers between 46k and 50k
-Carite: $52,500 but when I stopped in they were asking for all kinds of ridiculous paperwork from CCAP
-Local Jeep dealer: $52,000. <<Sold

Texted a few pics to the sales manager, said the offer is good as long as the pics were representative of it. Dropped it off the next day.

5 Likes

Seems like only if you get a stripper you can still make some money on the 4xe. All the 2022 sahara offers in the NE are in the 48-52k range (source: ~30 dealers across brands and used car lots). I think GMTV was the lowest with ~43k.

With 8% off and 7500 credit you’re around 5k assuming you pay monthly tax, some shipping, first month, etc. Would be interesting if anyone has a DP to see if offers on a 2023 are any different.

I had it purchased at 10% off and picked it up, equity check will be a little over $6100 I believe. Ordered a Rubi to be a flip but at that price decided to keep the Rubi, consider it am upgrade :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Solid! Nice job!

Did you pickup/took delivery of it yet? Farrish emailed today that mine also arrived so just checking to see if they tried to pull something or not?

Overall pretty pleased with Farrish so far. As expected they fully marked up the MF but acq fee was normal. Took 4-5 days from “your car is here” until I got numbers and the deal done. Silence in between. Everything is paper so I still have to send everything back today via FedEx and notarize part of it.

All the people I’ve dealt with have been really nice. Multiple people monitor the factory order email and I think some of the abrupt responses there and on the forum may be some sales people for whom English is a second language.

For a no risk order that was always a flip they’re a good option but that markup added $72 to the payment. I do wonder once they see a bunch of chargebacks if they’ll police the flips but I didn’t have to sign any no sale commitments.

10 Likes