Random Jeep chatter

Just tell them you need something that can haul more dead bodies.

1 Like

so then you can sell them a pacifica 6 months later, and 3 months after that a sprinter bus you waited 3 years for.

1 Like

Then ask if Stellantis makes flatbeds…

Seems like they updated the RV sheet but I’m not sure what’s changed. 2022/2023 Wrangler RVs are the same.

11 Likes

Great to see all the new colors.

Then you let them in on the game. Shame on you :slight_smile:

who did you end up using to ship? I’m shipping a similar route from Gupton. Broker initially said 650 and then didn’t find anyone, I was going to just go pick it up but now the weekend is burned…

My GC 4xe order has been in paint status for over a week. Any idea what this might be? Hoping it’s built and it’s just a tracking error.

My wrangler is in the same boat - today is day 11 in production (in the past I think they were 3-4 days max) - I also don’t have a build sheet or sticker yet

3 days ago dealer said it was still in paint as well

I just had a Wrangler move to built status after 10 days in production. I think the tracker is lagging as I don’t think these take 10 (or 11) days on the assembly line to be completed. But I do think the Jeep assembly/build/tracking/shipping system leaves much to be desired!

1 Like

my jeep went from D1 to Built in 2 days… YMMV

I believe the SH facility was laid off this past week. That would help explain some inconsistencies in the tracker.

1 Like

i paid 800 i forget the name

Delivered!

Can’t wait to get the call that it’s ready for pickup!

1 Like

I’m not sure what changed but the residual value guide was updated

Was my Jeep stolen, taken for a joyride, or am I being absolutely irrational?

Recently hit 1000miles. I’ve had issues since delivery, 30miles in wouldn’t start. Turned out to be a dealership preset for if the hybrid battery was completely drained car wouldn’t start. Was towed out of my driveway to the nearest dealership where it sat for a week before o could pick it up.
1000 miles in engine light goes on and I get the email from Sirius to get to dealership (driving fine) but I take to my local jeep dealer and they have me go through an online portal to set up appointment.
Second I get there I get a bad vibe- they seem clueless and give me info on an oil change that I didn’t request. I explain the situation and they are pushy to get me to hand over the keys without any documents… just a paper tab like one you get in a line queue at the dmv. I ask timeline and guy says probably tomorrow.
I screenshot info on Sirius with miles, oil, air pressure, etc because it all felt weird af!
1 day later I call and a person tells me it hasn’t been assigned to a tech, then I message through the services portal and request update receive a “Nothing yet”
3 days later 2pm I call service manager, friendly guy says I’ll get on it and keep you posted.
3 days later 6pm I ask for update and if we can reschedule; service manager says “I’ll check to see if it’s drivable”
LET ME ADD: I HAVE A WEDDING IN 9 DAYS AND CANT BE WO A VEHICLE
(really thought this was a quick fix or would have waited)
3 days later 7pm I check the app…. Vehicle has been driven 40+ miles and is located in another city at somebodies home.
:exploding_head:
Messaged service manager “WTF is going on… seems driveable and should I be concerned it’s been stolen?” -very common in my city.

I’m at a loss. Is it normal to take a vehicle from the dealership without any notice?

Test drives are normal. 40 mile test drives to a residence are not. I’d attempt the following:. Contact Jeep Wave and explain the issue, see what they can do to get you a loaner since this is a long term repair. Request an explanation from the dealer. There may be good reason to take it on a longer test drive, but it needs to be under your permission and within the constraints set forth in the service agreement you sign when you authorize repair. Usually there is some language about the need to take test drives. If not, the errand or whatever, was not “permissive use” as defined by your insurance company, which could be illegal or at least risky behavior. I have a feeling that a test drive was required and someone took the liberty of rolling in a personal trip. Certainly unprofessional, yet not at all surprising.

2 Likes

Its not uncommon for a tech/service manager to take a vehicle to home and back if a longer drive is needed to diagnose. They do generally ask first though.

2 Likes

I’d add that personally, I’d prefer to have someone do a longer drive to be more certain it’s fixed. But, I can also understand being alarmed that no one at least asked.

1 Like