Off Topic Landfill

travelhackr

racecarhackr

pmthatdealerhackr

1 Like

If Southwest had kept the few rows of reservable extra legroom when they bought Airtran, they would be perfect. No change fees, no checked bag fees, and some of the nicest employees in the industry. For 2hr or less Iā€™ll consider them, but I need to know ahead of time Iā€™ll have a seat I can sit comfortably in and open my laptop (I work the entire flight). On a 737-700 there are 3 (12A/C/F), on an 800/900/Max there are 6 IIRC. The number of times I flew a $1200 r/t cross-country on WN (see itā€™s like FT - we use their ATC designation) that had 31 throughs (all whose tickets I was subsidizing) who took the exit row :rage::exploding_head::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: led most of my flying to other carriers. At some point in a year I fly all the legacies and all my accounts are active, but have the best luck (and that is all it is) with Alaska and UA. Next week I have one trip with legs on all three (Southwest ā†’ UA ā†’ Alaska).

I do check the airline score card every year for updates, it amazes me that when people choose their tickets solely based on price, and then have a less than exemplary experience, theyā€™re surprised. When you have status, you can always status match & challenge another airline so why would you do all your flying with somebody on the bottom when you could choose someone in the top five thatā€™s better for you?

I am also someone who has moved more than once to be closer to a better airport. :man_shrugging:t2:

We have a thread for that What cars have you had in your lifetime? - #161 by CarRhino

yeah I did that, seems to be active once in a while.

1 Like

I get my travel kicks on FT. I get my politics elsewhere. Nobody here wants to discuss mattress runs or electoral spreads, and nobody there wants to fuss about money-factors. Iā€™m fine taking it elsewhere, but good to know where venn diagrams overlap.

1 Like

On the last (and I mean LAST) SWA flight I took 12+ years ago, the FAs were on the PA emceeing a gameā€¦ one of them would take a roll of toilet paper and roll it down the aisle, and passengers were yelling out their guesses as to the row number where the TP would stop rolling.

Winners got free drinks.

The flight only got worse once everyoneā€™s free drinks started kicking in.

I donā€™t need this when I travel.

I used flyertalk for rental cars, to see whatā€™s good at each airport/company. Informative site.

1 Like

That nonsense would make me crazy.

You canā€™t buy friends, but drink coupons on a flight may be the closest youā€™ll come. Southwest also gives ALP members ā€œkick-tailsā€ for the staff which go a LONG WAY (they enter them in a drawing for cash prizes so they might as well be double drink coupons).

Iā€™ve been up loyal southwest flyer for the last 10 years, until this year when even when I buy early bird, Iā€™m still in the B boarding group. Still canā€™t even come close to them from a deal perspective, though, with companion pass and rapid rewards points letting you book and cancel any time with no penalty.

I bounce between WN and AA personally since both hub at my home city.

any of these in stock? pm me pls

any good deals on q5?

1 Like

@DonnyAudi Send me the spreadsheet please pal

Hey Cody can I get a link to the new spreadsheet?

Waitā€¦ they had to repaint the whole car?! How much was the discount for that? Great deal btw!

You run into the mayor there? :wink:

1 Like

what dealership? I live in NE and want to figure out where I should be looking

Link please?

Link please?