Off Topic Landfill

Any BMW i3 deals in San Deigo?

Can you send the link please

Looking for lease on q7

Thanks!

this guy churns

No sAAver availability ? 20k AA is awfully steep!

AA has been experimenting with ā€œWeb Specialsā€ in lieu of Saver awards, so there were no Saver options presented. Obviously there was nothing ā€œspecialā€ about that redemption (CMH-DCA)!

At least our upgrades went through.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen those web specials. Dates never align when I need them to. Least you had the pts when you needed them. My AA bucket is running dry with options to replenish the stock dwindling.

1 Like

We earn them a lot faster than we use them, but I still hate getting such a poor redemption valueā€¦

1 Like

You must have a business and/or very high spend. My stockpile came from card SUBs and with recent changes from AA, not sure what it will look like going forward.

Plug for thepointsguy.com and flyertalk.com forums for folks that love deals (why are you on this site otherwise) but havenā€™t started deal hunt education for travel yetā€¦

1 Like

My limited experience living in Columbus for 3 years (after Northern VA and before SoCal) was fewer flights/routes made it a bit harder to get awards on United, never Southwest. When I lived 20 mins from Dulles, a large airport and United hub, I had no trouble booking awards. Same when Alaska stranded me a month ago at Newark (another United hub), I went on UAā€™s app and booked a first class direct home on points for deep-discount coach, that departed an hour later (bumping some poor jerk who wanted that upgrade).

Not saying UA > AA (frankly dislike the former a tiny bit less than later), but awards are based on inventory which is less at smaller airports like CMH.

Your point to OP is spot on, donā€™t even have to ship the car, just go get it. As Iā€™ve said before, last lease was in Vegas: 3 emails, I booked a Southwest award ticket for the next night, Marriott points to stay at the Cosmopolitan for Secret Pizza, drove it home the next morning.

+1

The former is more USA today, the latter is more Leasehackr IMO. Also since we mentioned FT have to do that thing we do in sigs:

-John
Alaska MVP75k
Southwest A-List Preferred
UA 1K
Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Hilton Diamond

Combination of factors, but mainly I travel quite a bit.

Current view to my left:

Hi from ORD. :wave:

1 Like

quite the signature :sweat_smile:

Safe travels!

2 Likes

somebody will make a thread mocking that sig eventually like the "canā€™t find a storage container for my 7 series trunk :joy:.

1 Like

You missed the lightning storm last night that was over all the flyover states. EWR ā†’ West coast was routed south past ATL and skimmed Mexico until AZ. Fireworks for hours.

1 Like

AA serves me better than the others since I have just as many departures from San Diego as I do from Columbus.

The only other viable option with robust schedules from SAN is Southwest, which doesnā€™t offer much from CMHā€¦ but more importantly, I will not fly SWA unless the only other option is Greyhound or Spirit (which are basically the same thing).

Iā€™m here for it, as long as they have Pre-Check, Trusted Traveler, and both types of US Passports. They can deliver it to me personally.

In the same way car message boards are ā€œwhat I do/did driveā€, FT is a maze of fare codes and booking hacks. Social proof is all that noise.

The Marriott re-brand with Bonvoy is the one that annoys me the most. I used to just be ā€œlifetime platinumā€ but now Iā€™m ā€œlifetime titanium eliteā€ which I think sounds absolutely ridiculous. I take some joy that people who have problems booking since the switch refer to it as ā€œbeing Bonvoyedā€.

I would put a list of cars in my sig but Iā€™m sure somebody would get butthurt and/or triggered that and it seems like a waste of time to me.

Sometimes people on the internet just spend too much time ā€œhating.ā€

1 Like

I think we need a travel thread in Offramp. :mouse: