Off Topic Landfill 5

Hi Donny,

I got a Q7 back in December 2020 for my wife with you. I’m looking for a A5 or S5. Of the Audi Lineup, what has the best deals in leases?

Could you send me the spreadsheet?

Thanks,

-Mike

Here is the used car market in one listing. See how long it takes you to figure out the issue here.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=626049850&clickType=elot

Pretty crazy

you win the prize. WTF bro.

1 Like

WTF? Really?

Gotta be an UBER car or a Community Car. Always on the road.

$500 ACV 2 years ago lol

More like a $1

interesting learnings. KBB is flawed. 370k mile private party value is $9,350 and 150k mile private party value is $ 11,910. So a $2,500 decrement for an additional 220k miles. whats wrong with this picture.

No problem! I’d like to get into an S5 sport back in the near future!!

1 Like

We can help! Wait times are currently 5-6 months. Does that work?

Shhhhh, don’t let California hear that, they might get ideas for a new tax.

Well registration is currently $500 for my car so they might’ve started.

There’s always room for new taxes!

1 Like

My first thought was wth? lol

2 Likes

That was a constructive comment.

A sick burn would’ve been: I see your founder worked at WeWork so I imagine he is very well versed at incinerating other’s capital.

There, two types of burn in one sentence.

3 Likes

Hi Endodeal, Can you please provide me the dealer contact to try my luck too? thanks

Are you actually putting $2553 as a down payment or are they contributing some of that to make up the extra discount?

I’m not planning on putting cash down. Other than doc, acq, first month, cap fees(?), and whatever MA pushes onto my monthly payment at 6.25%. How would that $2553 be used toward making up the rest of the discount. I’m not sure I follow…

They sent you that deal break down, but presumably they also said “it’ll be x per month with y DAS”.

Does the amount DAS that they’ve communicated match what that break down shows?

There are times when a dealer may not want to show as much of a loss on a discount, so they may themselves contribute some towards the cap cost reduction.

I have no clue if that’s what’s going on here. Simply saying it could be. Ultimately, if there’s confusion with the numbers, your should clarify with the broker.

1 Like

That makes sense, actually. And you’re right, I should be running it by the broker. Thanks for the input though. :+1: