Off Topic Landfill 5

Cody’s 2k over is nothing compared to the 2 Porsche dealers I called about wanting to order a Targa,
If I want it in the next 2 years I only have to pay 100k above sticker The other one was a little nicer they only want 50k

4 Likes

Lol. Your comparing lemons to oranges

1 Like

A Porsche 911 Targa is a rare car with limited production. A crow can’t shit in the city without hitting a Toyota Rav 4.

The fact that people are paying thousands over MSRP for one of the most plain and common cars you can buy is hilarious.

2 Likes

Can you post or dm the dealer contact info please?
Thanks

Hey David! Nice Truck, I just bought it! Thanks for backing out.

3 Likes

Just wanted to confirm from your doc sheets. 2022 ram big horns are available to order at 12% off msrp and 0% for 72 to purchase?

@aronchi Please PM me I will send you the VIN

Do you have the dealer contact info

yeah I’m tired of Southern California and the BS lockdowns and the lunacy in the streets. This is not the California I was raised in the 90s and 2000s. I’ve been looking at real estate around Tampa.

3 Likes

Anecdotal observation from someone who spends 3 hours a day on I-80 in NorCal. Currently an influx of other states plates on the road like I’ve never see before (doing this commute for over 20 years), and some of them behave as locals (speeding, weaving in and out, etc.). While a small portion of these may be rentals (Missouri and Arizona are often rental cars here for some unknown reason), I’m also seeing plenty of plates from Oregon (probably 3X than usual), Nevada (2X), Utah (3X normal) and Florida (~3X normal). Unless Florida has now become a home for a rental agency, I find it surprising these cars have come clear across country to Cal.

I also watch the followers of UHaul and other shippers to get a clue of their origins, and Utah, Nevada and Idaho are big movers into Cali right now, which throws me since 'fornians seem to be moving TO these places. I surmise these folks are cashing in their real estate, and sizing down to live in Cali while WFH, essentially doing the ‘live/work in a resort’ type fantasy. This also signals Cali jobs are up for grabs in this WFH world.

edit: Montana plates seem associated with industry/contractors (heavy electric, forestry/arborists, etc) on the roads presently…heavy trucks and F350’s and such.

1 Like

I live in the Bay Area, but my family is from L.A. While lockdowns are new, and California is worse (from top to bottom) than ever, lunacy has been present in southern California long before the 90s. You just missed the gangs and crack epidemic of the 80s.

Oh it was definitely not a utopia back then, but cities like San Diego and San Francisco were absolutely beautiful compared to the ruin they’re in now. The decay is apparent.

3 Likes

Moving to Florida in the hope of avoiding lunacy would be like moving to France to avoid hearing French :rofl:

Florida Man is no joke: Dashcam video shows South Florida driver opening fire during road rage incident on I-95

At least this is still illegal in Florida.
stealing bart simpson GIF

Funny that this gets moved to OTL…

1 Like

Perks of living in a free state.

9 Likes

Florida is one of the first and worst to fall when the market corrects. The same speculative cycle has been happening there for over a century. People act surprised and say they didn’t see it coming, and then the pattern repeats all over again…I could easily see it happening in the next couple of years with all the silly flipping going on lately.

3 Likes

I have been hearing that for the last 10 years, it has just accelerated recently. As long as people want to flee NY and Cali this will continue. 95% of people moving in are from NY or Cali.

2 Likes

I’m about the same here in Melbourne. Closed in August and probably up 25% or so since. Granted, I built, so my price was locked in about a year before that.

5 Likes

Not the same anymore. Not all 2nd homes and they’re bringing industry here now. Also you have wealthy South Americans paying cash to get their money out of their respective currencies as a hedge against inflation, failing fiats/governments. Boomers are buying at record pace for primary homes, and funds are buying here as well. All paying cash or a lot down.

I see values leveling not crashing here anytime soon minus a global financial event…

With that said I rent here bc condo values won’t be increasing much with all the fees going up so much. It’s cheaper for me to rent then lease in Miami by about $500/mo. Sure tax deductions would close that gap but I prefer to have cash on hand for potential opportunities elsewhere.

I hope you’re right tho but a 50% correction brings us back to 2019. Not really anything significant for anyone but those that just bought. I would love a place here at 50% off current levels. Just won’t happen and if you finance it’ll be negligible with rate increases.

1 Like

Y’all make everything political but that’s not what is happening here. It’s all about the weather. You see the temps for the soccer game in Minneapolis last night or the snow in Chicago? People are moving to Florida from everywhere because they don’t like winter. NY and California folks make up a pretty proportionate percentage of the people moving there. After this January in DC I’m about ready to move there.

And it’s not a cost of living issue for most. Housing is cheaper in much of the Midwest but that doesn’t stop those folks from moving to Florida.

4 Likes