Off Topic Landfill 5

so they gave money to both republicans and democrats but because they gave more to democrats that makes them “left leaning”? or because they have msnbc on the network that makes them “left leaning”? just trying to understand the dichotomy here.

better to do nothing then. lets just keep pumping gas like there’s nothing wrong.

isn’t capitalism fun!

10xs more money. I’d say that’s a clear bias, but that’s just one aspect. Comcast is “woke” like the rest.

1 Like

They’re asking EV owners to not charge between 4 pm and 9 pm.

The article got it backwards, was making fun of Jalopnik

I think you misread the article or Jalopnik updated it because that’s not what it says.

DO YOU HAVE ANY 2023 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ALTITUDE OR LIMITED MSRP : 49-51k??

1 Like

haha they fixed it, but shitty sources nonetheless.

When the govt gets involved it’s not capitalism.

2 Likes

what? that can’t be correct.

fuck yeah, lets goooooooooooooo!

llepancia

1 Like

That’s what I was going to add - I quit paying any extra on my mortgage because it’s less than 3%

2 Likes

Can you elaborate? I usually pay a few hundred extra to make it an effective 23yr payoff on a 30yr mortgage. Are you saying because of inflation it makes sense to do something else with that money (I borrowed at 2.75%)?

1 Like

Yeah for me it made sense to save for other things like future expense (car, remodel,etc). I have some rewards checking accounts that pay above 3% so I’m not losing anything in the meantime. But I also put a lot into us government I-bonds - they are paying like 9% currently (up to $10k per person) but you do have to leave it there for a year

1 Like

I forbid you to pay another penny on top of your regular mortgage payment. Just average these money into an index like S&P 500. It returns about 10% over a longer period vs accepting 2.75% when you pay your mortgage.

3 Likes

These days you can buy toiletries and canned goods and make more then 10% returns. Can’t eat b class shares…

Yes and the fact that over long run most indices are gonna crush 2.75%

Sad but true. Compare it to the SP500 and more like a 30 percent detla.

1 Like

If you can beat 10% annual return over a 10 year period you are better than 90% of all the professional money managers.

1 Like

Hahah that’s what everyone is hoping.

I was denied by TFS for 2nd extension lol

1 Like

I’m doing the same but driving the same car for 3 years is some serious first world problems, especially for people that frequent this forum daily…I’m sooo bored

10 Likes