Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Are dealers at 8% interest rate yet?

Leases are if you like Audi and Merc.

2 Likes

I’ve seen lease rates in the 6-8% range. New cars 2-6% for the most part. Many of those that are low are subsidized by manufacturer/bank. Credit score dependent of course. Plenty of subprime people pay in the 10-20% range.

2 Likes

The fed is going to crash the new and used car markets

Yeah maybe in 12+ months not now even tho we seen about a 10-20% dip so far

Imagine if everything went back to normal everything would crumble

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Powell made it very clear that the fed was going to cause some pain. I dont think theres any other way to stop the inflation. Ive prepared for it by getting out of debt including any car loans. But not looking for deals like the crash in 2010 where i leased a car for my daughter for 66 dollars a month, just for things to go back to normal, ie, not to have to pay 500 a month for an equinox

So screw all those people who overpaid?

3 Likes

They didn’t start injecting the term “new normal” for no reason.

As for paying off debt, in inflation you want fixed rate debt to pay off with cheaper dollars in the future.

8 Likes

No pod. No bugs.

My car loan is at 1.49% and I still can’t stop myself. :slight_smile:

that’s definitely what they want you to think.

2 Likes

Price controls will do it for sure. At least sans a black market.

4 Likes

That leads to (more) scarcity.

And as you said, black market where people will pay market value or barter. Usually this tanks the value of already devalued fiat.

1 Like

Let’s stay on used cars.

1 Like

no price controls and no curbs on corporate profiteering. just raising the interest rates until the people go bust.

Leases are easy to manipulate they can do MF at 0, But change the residual

Banks are tightening down

1 Like

that’s also foxbusiness lol. take it w a grain of salt. the channel’s flagship program spent a year propagandizing the “stop the steal” b/s.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s a reach to see banks reducing risk and tightening lending standards with the fed tightening and predictions of recession. Im more interested in how that affects the used car market than politics

3 Likes