Off Topic Landfill 5

you quoted an NBC news article. in what universe are you living where you see NBC news as being “left leaning”???

everybody’s got different views. He might find something left leaning which you might not find, vice versa

US : “we want to encourage EV adoption”

• proceeds to restrict and/or complicate EV tax rebates.

• automakers jack-up EV prices at torrid pace

• Hot EVs not available

-price of raw materials for EVs skyrocket

:grimacing:

1 Like

And in California today, there was an official request that owners not charge their EVs due to an electricity shortage during a heatwave. I was tempted to charge my EV while watering my lawn, both of which are now frowned upon in California.

4 Likes

Siri, what is a perverse incentive?

It saddens me to see a state with so much to offer be decimated by overbearing government.

1 Like

How brave of you! I was a simp and let the man run my AC until they politely asked to save electricity, let them turn it off for 2 hours (during which I could have turned it back on, unfortunately the temperature only went up 1 degree), and my compliance was rewarded with a $10 gift card for ice cream. Next time I’ll try it your way.

Double chocolate chip?

How come CA always got some sort of issue going on?

They’re asking EV owners to only charge between 4 pm and 9 pm.
:point_up_2:
I think it should be NOT (between 4pm and 9pm), Jalopnik is such garbage lol. Who charges their car between 4 and 9pm anyways.

1 Like

What kind of communist wastes calories on that?

1 Like

Honestly, that was also all happening prior to IRA 2022 too.

They need to move to a place like Texas, home of the free where natural disasters and power grid problems are a thing of the past and water is aplenty!
Oh wait
https://thehill.com/policy/equilibrium-sustainability/3621118-dried-up-texas-cities-in-fear-of-running-out-of-water/

Power and Water’s been fine.

The influx of Texans to California proves how much better California is.

Oooooh scary. Mega drought. Quick someone propose a trillion dollar tax increase to solve this problem. Oh and new 100k federal bureaucracy to manage it all. Probably should arm them all just in case.

Hey by the way wasn’t Florida supposed to be under water by 2020? ‘Sup with that?

1 Like

And in Europe the cost of running an ev is now more then gas

1 Like

But bro, you’re saving the environment!!

Well not really since the environmental cost of mining the elements for the battery and then disposing of the battery is atrocious. But you get to virtue signal to your neighbors, so that’s cool.

2 Likes

You realize 5 companies own 90% of media. None of it qualifies for actual journalism anymore. So yes I do thing comcast is a left leaning parent company.

The more you know…

2 Likes

How far left do you have to be to think nbc is right? Lol. Wow.

3 Likes

We had a name for this back in the day. MSNPC.

:rofl:

2 Likes