Off Topic Landfill 5

Oh Mike you shouldn’t have :smirk:

I’m going to the landfill
But is that Camarillo?

Linking to Fox… figures

3 Likes

You’re a special type of moron clearly…as if the article is bias in anyway. Just quoting an executives observation. Rather I use you’re preferred tranny news network?

6 Likes

Clearly hit a nerve.

2 Likes

Back on topic, please.

3 Likes

If that was my reply to an on topic post it would be offramped not warned by mods. See how that works…

Kay.
Too Damn High Rent GIF by Sixt

Does this not get your panties in a bunch?

Literally the exact same article word for word.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/chip-undersupply-last-until-2024-says-volkswagen-cfo-boersen-zeitung-2022-04-09/

4 Likes

It’s ok though, this one has a Reuters URL.

@Jrouleau426 should’ve posted this one, although I’m still personally offended that there are gender specific pronouns :angry:

3 Likes

I don’t think they are used to being called out.

1 Like

Do the diono seats latch in tightly? I can’t even get a booster seat into middle of my 5 series, with two diono seats on outside.

They are on seatbelts without latch

Quick Question everyone… I put in my order for the jeep a couple of months back. Does anyone know how to check the status on the build with my VIN number? I know there is a website but I’m not able to find it on the thread. Thank You.

The best reason to get an EV is something called “global warming”.

As far as financials are concerned, with the federal tax credit and state incentives, they are usually competitive or cheaper than ICE cars, especially in the current car price environment. My Mach-e will be around $500/ month for 36 months when tax credit figured in.

Well i see your main reason of global warming is mostly virtual signaling. To me that speaks volumes since its not because of a real defined advantage of an EV that screams 'I must have one! As far as performance goes, yes they are fast but for the driving that moat people do that is a generally impractical advantage. I’m looking for an inherent advantage of an EV over an ICE that i have not seen yet that makes it worth the cost.

2 Likes

EVs are better for the environment. Our planet needs all the help it can get. “Virtue signaling” is just another republican catchphrase to make sure nothing ever gets done to solve any real problem ever.

I outlined the financial case for EVs as have lots of other people here, from tax credits to lower maintenance to more efficiencies.

2 Likes

you “global warming” folks are lacking critical thinking. Just like the mention of republicans, lack of seeing the bigger picture. There is no good team bad team, it’s all the same BS. There is nothing you, the government or anyone on the planet, can do about the change in climate, outside of believing nonsense to make yourself feel good.

The EV battery packs require heavy old school industrial production with rare metals and oil based ingredients. The “climate damage” done at production of that battery pack exceeds many years of exhaust from an average ICE vehicle. The total dependence on production and acquisition of lithium and other metals that are MINED via old school “dirty” methods and transported via DIRTY transport ships. Battery packs need to be replaced after a certain amount if cycles.

The electricity is mostly generated via DIRTY methods at the powerplants, not by unicorn farts.

The US grid is at capacity as is and the investments for total elctirfication are staggering.
An average gas station serves 4000 cars per 24hours, if you take all of them in the country.
To match this capacity of total EVfication, EVERY station in the country needs 20-30 Superchargers and consumption of 30megawatts PER DAY at an average investment cost of 20mil per gas station.

EVERY SINGLE station in US.

ALL industry and transportation is based on diesel, there is no way to avoid this short term.

So yeah, drive what you want, just stop trying to persuade others that whatever view makes you feel good about yourself is the ABSOLUTE truth.

Critical thinking, checking the facts and basic math are the best friends today. Turn the TV off.

7 Likes

What is it about this thread that triggers people so much? Peak insanity was mid January by the way.

4 Likes

There’s nothing anyone can do about global warming?
Kinda pointless to engage with such sad nonsense. Beware of people asking you to “check your facts” while spewing fact challenged crap.

2 Likes