Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Happened last summer, but IIRC labor was about $700, and the upgraded panel and parts were about $250. Some stucco had to be patched, but otherwise straightforward. edit: no i don’t recall her saying any new wiring was added, but she had failed a resale inspection based on her 100A service versus all of the electrical appliances in the house now (she was right at the margin).

Wow, was in that in CA? I couldn’t even get my EV plug installed for less than $300

Yep, in Davis. Electrician she knows from church, but I doubt he cut her any major deal.

good god that is dirt cheap.

Some electricians were charging 1k when they hear the magic “nema” .

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

I just like the performance. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hear the used car market is softening. But I haven’t seen it

1 Like

Interest rates are higher. Americans tend to be payment buyers so sale price has to compensate.

Something had to give, and it is.

1 Like

@Joe_E

Again, cost of EVs in some (or even many) cases are the same or lower than ICE.

Based on your premise… solved.

1 Like

https://www.wsj.com/articles/car-prices-expected-to-remain-elevated-in-2022-prolonging-buyer-pain-11650121200

3 Likes

APYs on liquid savings are certainly lagging. Best I have is still 0.65%, which is where it’s been for… perhaps two years.

3 Likes

2030 at this rate just in time for one price only.

No negotiations
Maybe subscription only.

If you don’t like it

season 5 premiere GIF by Broad City

I never said anything about banks sharing the wealth with savers. :new_moon_with_face:

With the current outlook though….smoke them if you’ve got them because our dollaree-doo’s have an expiration date on them.**

** This is not financial advice, I am not responsible for any losses or gains incurred.

I-bonds are the answer for 10k a person if you don’t need the cash Worried about rising inflation? With nearly risk free I bonds soon to pay 9.62%, here's what you need to know

2 Likes

I bonds are per person too. So a family of 4 is 40k a year, and tax free if used in the same year as college.

What do you mean by smoke ‘em - I’m serious no sarcasm

If you have dollar to spend now spend them before they spend like pesos.

$10k reduction for this Lexus NX since the end of January

3 Likes

Wonder what the used market would be like if it tanked enough for resellers a la carvana, vroom etc to be truly threatened with bankruptcy.

2 Likes