Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

They were blowing away my dealers on trade ins for months by thousands now dealer is usually 2-3k higher on trades. Not sure they can issue much more stock to raise capital, without crashing shares further, and they can’t be profitable borrowing at current rates to overpay for stock. They were one of the more obvious stock shorts I’ve ever seen but I got burnt all the way up so didn’t make nearly as much as I should have shorting that dumper of a company

3 Likes

Yeah, it always felt like they were good bets to short if you expected rates to rise.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Even if we open up our own chip factories here the materials are difficult to source. What a disaster… Add in a proxy war in the east and things are just beginning imo.

Poverty and the associated shortages from lockdowns, coupled with food supply issues will kill exponentially more people then covid. So China decides to lockdown again, not like they value human life anyway. Another “great leap forward” in the works.

4 Likes

LMAO! Good 1 Jen.

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

https://twitter.com/DeanBaker13/status/1513859204334772233?s=20&t=x6JwtU2oZQxQNuiEyME2Og

We might have peaked.

1 Like

The Office Reaction GIF

2 Likes

it feels like we have, but again, it’s coming from the demand side. rising rates are choking off demand. some of it is a healthy “choking off”, but this won’t be without consequence.

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean it’s forever…lol it could be for right now. We’ll have to see over the next couple of months.

CPI numbers are only through March, next month’s report will be telling :chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like
1 Like

Sometimes it feels like that ‘cumulative 1 million EV’s in California’ are all in my town, as I go on the hunt for free L2 charging.

4 Likes

1 Like

Well, LH did it’s part for sure😂

6 Likes

Buy the dip.

1 Like

Since it’s graph day. Buckle up…

Probably have more options than we do. :cold_face: