Off Topic Landfill 2

I’ll do that right now actually. I pay for insurance, but it’s not under my name. I’m intrigued and will find out.

1 Like

I’m sure that if your parents had a Aventador LP700-4, then paying for insurance wasn’t a problem, even if it cost triple what it did.

1 Like

It’s funny how there are more Aventador owners on the internet than there are Aventadors.

8 Likes

Same reason there is mirrors in the gym :muscle: hard.

I’m assigned to the Nissan, my dad on the Volvo. Don’t ask me how my insurance is so cheap, I’m not, just paying it. It’s like 700 a year before adding the BMW. Adding the BMW it’s about 900 and change.

My dad has a 30 year perfect driving record, 800+ credit score, my score is 600+ closer to 700 (he put me as a cosigner on 2 cards at 15), and I took driving school through my high school. Ironically for a 42k volvo, the breakdown on coverage is that my 7k KBB Nissan costs more to insure (probably since I’m driving).

credit score shouldn’t affect insurance but yeah perfect driving record is good. (same here) Guess it really goes down to the location where the car is insured. I passed the age where my insurance goes down last year and then I was told you get another drop after the age of 30.

It definitely does

1 Like

Man I wish my insurance was even close to that! On a '19 civic hatch EX and I’m paying 180/month for 100/300/100 comprehensive w 1k deductibles on a bundle w 1 parent C-Class (that’s another 100/month). Shopped around and pretty much came even w that. Although I’m assuming its since I’m about your age and my parent has like 15 yrs of driving experience and of which only 4 is in the States, + I’m in SoCal.

Central PA, (Heshey, DUH). Kinda hard to hit anything super expensive, and our deductibles are lower at 500 a piece for everything. Progressive was a major outlier, cheaper than everything by 100s, so we went with them.

1 Like

I found on the net some pictures with impressive cars but also photography tricks. How long do you think I was taught to take such pictures? https://4photographers.blogspot.com/2020/04/tutorial-photoshop.html

Hi Kubikdanon, I’m interested in this 5 series deal, can you PM me the info. Also, do you by any change have any demo/loaners 5 series? Thanks!

I still think we see Dow 16-18k this year…

2 Likes

The FED can’t let that happen. People wouldn’t be able to retire, people would become very poor very quickly.

I agree that are artificially high. I absolutely believe the fed can pump the market as long as $ is the reserve currency of the world. Everyone wants to buy USD or transact in USD, which is what allows this to happen. As long as banks have liquidity we’ll be fine, the issue in 08 v. now is that banks weren’t lending that is when problems begin. The Fed appears to have learned from that and the money printer goes brrr. 24/7 365.

All great nations fall eventually and I think we’ve reached our peak in America, so we’ll see how this goes into the future. Our country may not fall apart for 100+ years but this time will be looked at as an inflection point in our reign.

Inflation will hurt retirees. Lower stock prices or not.

1 Like

There is one silver lining to the whole thing. Everyone else is in a deeper mess than we are.

We already saw it at mid 18k a month ago. I’m sure we’ll be retesting that low in the upcoming weeks and I agree -wouldn’t be surprised to see a quick dip into $16k. I’ll be doubling down on some shares when it does.

1 Like

Japan still hasn’t recovered from their 1980s pricing from their bubble and central bank buying all their debt. This could be the same situation. Decades of stagnant market pricing. There will be a lot of deals if you have cash in the coming year I think. I just don’t trust the market

1 Like

The markets a finicky beast to say the least. Especially this time around is anyone’s guess whether we follow Japan or ignore and continue to make bubbles on bubbles.
I’m in index funds with my serious investments but I have an ETF account I use as my “fun money” that I like to trade in. Looking forward to playing these upcoming months and seeing how I make out.

1 Like

I’m exhausted from just this last month. I don’t think I can handle more. I was up 122k one week and lost 150 the next. And I was being conservative! I’m back ahead now and cashed out. Maybe for the summer, I’m gonna have a heart attack trading these swings.

1 Like