OPEC Agrees to 10M🛢 cut - the gas price boredom thread

That would never happen unless America nationalizes it and turns into Venezuela. Nothing is off the table at this point though…

1 Like

Unlikely. On those negative contracts they either have to take delivery in person or settle the loss.

34 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

Judging by price action, I would say 40 is the current cost of storage and sellers intend to deliver. A smart refiner will make a fortune, greedy ones will be sitting on their hands.

I didn’t mean that as a govt policy, just the effect of market pricing. But you are right in “Nothing is off the table at this point though…”

The barrel (in use) costs 100, the oil inside is 0, the storage is more, labor and transport. I wouldn’t read too much into the negative price, oil is not like the crops that are just being tilled back into the soil. It’s the CME version of GFY.

The Fed can’t control it now any more than they did when it slid into the 6000s. The current market levels are artificially high because of stimulus but that doesn’t change what’s under them.

2 Likes

Lest we forget, this was also the 10-year anniversary of Deepwater Horizon.

5 Likes

plunging 305 percent to a record low -$36.73 per barrel. At a price below zero, buyers would be paid to take delivery as there are costs associated with transportation and storage.

How much does it cost to lease an oil tanker?

Everyone do your part to stablize prices

4 Likes

Regular at Costco is now $1.35 :star_struck:

2 Likes

$2.45 Costco SoCal :face_vomiting:

Difference in gas tax is about $0.50 between AK and CA

Guessing the other $0.50 is for sun and surf

Or most of Alaska doesn’t need the gas to be shipped too far?

Time to get back in?

1 Like

No thanks. I’ll stick with tax law!

And not even 60 days later, after a month where WTI went negative, 91 is back to $3.39/gal. Funny how quickly equilibrium returns.

2 Likes

Yikes… not looking good

I’m gonna take a wild guess and say that we didn’t send our best with hat in hand.

I Want More GIF

6 Likes

And Russia, also.

Timing is rather interesting with this decision too. I think we will see $4.50 average gas by December.

1 Like