NE HACKR MEETUP: Spring 2021 in NJ

, ,

Lol! This is true

One of my college roommates is a teacher/lacrosse coach at Westhill HS. Could always pay a visit!

October sounds good

I will make this one. I will specifically not do deliveries that day.

2 Likes

Can we try this time make the meet this side of the GW bridge? Don’t want to make a hike to NJ with little one at home and stuck wife with 3under5 alone for extended period of time.
Still would have to call grandparents for reinforcements to defend wife’s sanity😀

1 Like

Never too early to talk about a meetup, October could be good! Lets do it!!!

1 Like

They failed? There’s a chance I’m driving up the third weekend in October. I’m still trying to work out logistics. There’s also now Rosh Hashanah dinner after the second day at the family members who live the furthest away - 95 miles in each direction! Just when I was catching up after my mom decided we should drive over 700 miles when she was here, right after I got the car. I’ve never been over mileage and had a 12k lease before…oy. But anyway…

1 Like

How do you drive? Haha. He’s south shore, meaning it’s much closer. :wink: Boston to here is only 185 miles, so he’s at around 150, depending on which way he goes.

This is why I suggested somewhere here in Westchester originally, not just for me, but to make it more central for everyone.

I love driving so I used to not care how far to drive. Pre-kids did Road trip over Alaska w wife 1,500 miles in 7 days:)
So before 3rd driving to NJ was ok. Now I’m a bit short on time.
Any suggestions where in Weschester to be close to those in NJ and NYC?

No offense, Westchester is not central to me here in Central NJ but I too will drive anywhere we decide to have it.

1 Like

I guess it’s measuring between Central NJ and Fairfield County, CT and Long Islanders

I think it really depends on where people will come from, because Tarrytown is more convenient to people coming off the GW or the Tapp, but White Plains, Scarsdale, Larchmont, and Port Chester are more convenient to people coming from Long Island. If people are coming from the city, depending on whether they exit from the west or east side makes a slight difference, too.

I think I need to make another survey for where people live…except that it won’t let me put in a poll?

Here’s the one I did last time:

1 Like

So far we have initially:

Second weekend of October - Sat or Sun will be decided.

@Lvs23 - Stamford, CT
@Orangeman96 - Central Jersey
@AP919 - Westchester?
@aronchi - Where you coming from?

Paging @nextlevelautobrokers, @HN308

Central nj

I was sure you are coming for the other side though didn’t want to say LI or worse Brooklyn and show my profiling presumptions. :joy:

White Plains – right in the middle of Westchester.

Almost feels like we should meet somewhere around GW and toss a coins which side is crossing:)

What’s wrong with a redo at Buffalo Wild Wings, Secaucus NJ?

It’s not that close to me and @AP919.
So we are asking this time to be closer to us.

1 Like