Leasing a car , unemployed

I’ll ask the question OP doesn’t want to ask: can he list his income from selling drugs if he hasn’t been paying tax on it?

5 Likes

Trade and agriculture startup founder.

2 Likes

This whole thread is useless. Be thruthfull, either you’ll get approved or you won’t.

3 Likes

If you are actually getting income from rental property (regardless of location), shouldn’t that be pretty easy to prove?

1 Like

Was it Toyota?

1 Like

It would be, if it was legitimate income, shown on a US tax return (as a US citizen/national should declare their foreign income). I think we both know what the answer to that is lol.

Is the suggestion to get a crown Vic :rofl:

Without tax returns they would stip for bank statements and possibly a lease or contact.

It’s been discussed before:

Which gets at the OP’s problems

• no auto history
  • that OP may be a decent credit risk for repayment, but not collateral risk

:point_up_2:t2: all of the angles are discussed in the Credit Thread if you haven’t read through it

• you may not have “income” but more than enough assets to qualify
  • income doesn’t have to be a job-job, people have alimony and trusts and distributions, but if that counts as your income it has to be consistent over a period of time. Gig work, OnlyFans, Adult Entertainment may apply
  • credit app will ask about all sources of incomes
  • it’s possible you may not be stipped (I was on my first lease with A Tier credit, a six-figure income, and auto history), but
  • if you answered the questions about income untruthfully in attempt to get a lease, thar be fraud

So why not?

episode 7 lol GIF by The Good Place

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Just get an ‘11 model and one of those banks to finance a 10+ vehicle. Pay the $2k off in a month and boom :boom:

Auto history :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Especially if you stay at the Holiday Inn or bank at SVB.

Correct, passive income is still income.

Related question: I received an embarrassingly large bonus in 2018.

Can I count this as income on my credit application?

Then or now?

Yes, you should report the bonus as income on your credit application. Bonuses are usually considered taxable income and should be included in your total income for the year.

So just put down what I made 5 years ago?

1 Like

you’re talking about then or now?

You missed the point. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Breaking Bad What GIF by For(bes) The Culture

5 years ago, yes. Now, not so much unless they paid you i n c r e m e n t a l l y. . . .

I got it the first time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.