The Credit Thread

What vehicle were you trying to lease? How much is the MSRP? And who is the lessor?

Chrysler Pacifica. MSRP was $48k but with discounts, it was coming out to be $36k. Chrysler Capital . Reason for denial. Only two lines of credit

Means not enough credit history for them to lease it to you. Best option is to finance like you said, but they may require a larger downpayment to make up for the lack of history.

Either that, or find another make/model to lease (with a different captive)… but you may bump into the same hurdles…

Financing. Your bureau is too thin to carry the collateral, irrespective of the score.

1 Like

I have just applied for 2 not cards recently making it 3 cards in total. I am the person who doesn’t carry or debt or miss any payment. You think if I go to a different Chrysler dealership , they may approve it or dealership has no role in it.

how can a dealership can approve finance with same Down payment while refuse lease with same down payments

Also is just Chrysler who will lease it or there are 3rd party banks that lease as well.

Reason I don’t want to finance is because I don’t have $7500 tax liability to offset the incentive.

If FCA credit declined you, any dealer will too (they’ll likely reuse that prior application). US Bank or Ally might approve it, you’d have to apply to see.

Number of trade lines is only one aspect, DTI is another, age of trade lines is another.

The difference between financing and leasing is who carries the liability: if you finance, it’s all you (even if someone lends you their money). If you lease, the leasing company has it and expects the car returned on time in the agreed time. Your prior history with one card is sufficient credit history to demonstrate someone can be trusted to borrow/use/return their collateral: they don’t want the risk based on what they see, which likely won’t change overnight.

Its also called Fair Lending. Banks cant favor one dealer over another dealer. If you go to another Chrysler dealership they are likely to get the same “Decision” AKA Match Call. You need something to break the match call for them to consider approval.

3 Likes

Make sense. But so I do need to find a co-signer. It’s crazy since I thought I had a stellar score and my DTI always was less than 10% with 0 missed payments in 7 years.

I want to do the Lease route to take advantage of the $7500 federal Credits. I think right now best option would be to lease the car using a friend/family and then buy the car after a month or so.

Questions:-
#1Also does Chrysler does the lease through other banks as well. Can I get the lease numbers and go to Ally/ US Bank myself or they’ve to do it through their own route

#2 - Can my cosigner be from a different state & does he has to available for in-person. My dealer said he has to come in person but I’ve been told that everything can be done online.

Sure but with 1 trade line and no prior auto loans or leases. All but a ghost :ghost:

The tax credit goes to the captive, not you. It’s up to Chrysler/Ally/USB to pass all/some/none on to you as lease cash. It is possible with FCA to lease some vehicles through the other two captives, but finding a dealer which does can be tricky (covered extensively in other threads).

Cosigner could depend on which lender you use. If the dealer says they have to cosign in person, then they do.

You can also finance and you would get the entire tax credit.

You do not get the $7500 federal credit if you lease. The bank does. They can pass on some of it, none of it, or all of it if they choose as an equivalent incentive, but the only way to claim the actual tax credit is to purchase.

Right now I think the Pacifica does pass the full $7500, he (or she) does not have enough tax liability to offset the $7500 so if he purchase he will not be able to take advantage of it. In this case, leasing will be a better deal since captive is passing the entire $7500.

Afaik - Chrysler were passing entire $7500 credit to me. I can verify.

But if they pass the entire credit , then it’s good - right ? Why would the bank not pass the entire credit ? In this case the bank is encouraging me to finance but not lease . If I have a co-signer , can both of us divide & claim the federal credit or can he claim it entirely ?

It’s the lessors choice - they don’t have to pass anything on to the lessor/buyer. They can keep it too. Some captives pass the entire amount, some partial, some none at all. Depends also on the make/model.

Check with your accountant :slight_smile: everyone’s tax situation is unique and different, just like every deal is different. Don’t rely entirely on internet strangers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great new feature of Experian paid services!

Apparently I live in a bad neighborhood, it found 3 in mine. Also, apparently my email address has been found on the dark web.

1 Like

You ain’t sleeping a wink tonight

Anyone have identity IQ? I’ve personally been enjoying it; seem extremely thorough with solid up for date monitoring.

Everyones information is on the dark web. I can confirm anyone’s identity on there, however its useless if you dont have it all in one place.

The sex offender maps are pretty useless. Basically they are everywhere. I would not lose any sleep over it.

1 Like