Leasehackr's Year in Review - 2021

As the year comes to a close, we want to thank you all for being a part of Leasehackr and riding with us through the ups and downs of 2021.

For many of us, 2021 was a challenging year, with the pandemic continuing to affect our lives. At the same time, we made progress and adapted to the challenges. We are so thankful to have this community here to help each other and spend time together, and want to wish everyone well for the new year to come.

Here is Leasehackr’s 2021 in review:

Q1

• The year began with dire warnings of inventory shortages, but initially, things seemed fine. Loaner deals were aplenty, and seemingly everybody picked up a cheap Bolt EV or $450/month Audi e-tron. Little did we know how things would change.

• In March, Leasehackr launched the lease program query tool on Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters. With this tool, the community was able to immediately query RV, MF, and incentive data to hack a lease.

Q2

• By the second quarter, we began to fear we’d have to pay MSRP for a car. On the upside, leased vehicles started gaining equity. The latest hack was to “sell one to” any number of online used car retailers. Who were these people paying so much for a used car?

Q3

• By Q3, finding a car became the deal itself. Dealers and brokers with vehicle allocations found customers lining up to pay deposits. Leasehackrs deployed all sorts of tips and tricks to adapt to the situation, from extending leases to pre-ordering vehicles. Some of you swore to ride it through, even if it meant taking the bus or Uber-ing everywhere. Some threw in the towel and ordered a Tesla or two.

• Following through on a suggestion from the community, Leasehackr launched SIGNED! – an open, crowdsourced database to reference when shopping for a vehicle.

Q4

• By Q4, most captives started banning third-party lease buyouts. Leasehackr launched Equityhackr to help the community navigate around these restrictions and capture the equity in their leased vehicle.

• Flipping became a thing. What’s better than a cheap lease deal? One that you can profit from. See LT1, Model 3/Y, 4xE, and TRX.

• If Leasehackr gave out VEHICLE OF THE YEAR awards, it would go to Jeep Wrangler, with 12,000 posts and counting (buckle up for a long read!). Y’all seem to really like this truck!

A Stronger Community!

Thank you for building this special space for us all. We can’t wait to see what this community will bring about in 2022!

Victoria and Michael, the Leasehackr Team

44 Likes

Thank you for making this @michael!! Actually seeing it this way makes it all the more special, haha. Glad to be part of this community.

4 Likes

Wow was not expecting the perfect attendance list to be that long…

3 Likes

I didn’t either… some silent perfect attendees as well…

1 Like

Reading these bullet points makes me feel like part of automotive history :joy:

1 Like

Happy new year all!!! Definitely has been a challenging year.

My goal is to get to msrp or below on all vehicles in the next few months. Brokers need to push their dealers as hard as possible to get there. A little competition between brokers and the dealers they represent is always good for the consumer!

11 Likes

Great recap and what a wild year for cars. Amazing how we went from the ‘covid discount’ to the ‘chip shortage mark-up’ in the span of months.

1 Like

Awesome! Some great stats here! Is there any way for us to see how many days we visited last year? I want to sat that I’m pretty close, but I definitely missed a few days lol.

Your visiting days record for last year was 295 days. ^^

https://forum.leasehackr.com/u?name=Falcon01&order=likes_received&period=yearly

Lol I think I had 364

1 Like

So did I. I think we should demand a recount :joy:

2 Likes

I just want to know how @Bostoncarconcierge didnt get perfect attendance.

Nope.

And my post:like ratio :muscle:

4 Likes

348 for me :frowning: . Visiting my home country last few days of the year messed up my daily streak. Oh well…

3 Likes

322 for me and I am left puzzled as to what I was doing on those missing days…

40+ sick days? Gonna have to dock your pay…

1 Like

361 days here. I guess a 4 day vacation is always good, right?

For those who are interested in the numbers, here are some fun stats!

2021's Top Users

Most Time Reading

User Hours Read
@mllcb42
@max_g
@trism
@Ursus
@jeisensc
@Jon
@sharksfan15
@alphawave7
@hhbean