Chevy Bolt EV Premier MSRP $44k || $79/mo

As is tradition, I’m posting my latest personal hack here for posterity.

Copy of lease agreement: https://imgur.com/a/156kPae

A quick foreword:

So now that I’ve clickbaited everyone with the title, I’ll note that the deal was effectively $132/mo sign and drive, less the $2k CVRP post sale rebate, which is what brings it down to $79/mo+tax. Whether or not I’ll qualify for CVRP is TBD due to our tax situation and funding status, but I’ve got hope in my pocket and I’m gonna let it shine.

That said, I deliberately structured the deal as $122+tax and $500 at signing which I’m sure is going to be confusing to many people, so here’s a quick Q&A:

Why didn’t you one-pay?
Because the MF is literal pennies and amounts to a couple hundred bucks over the lease term. Not worth one-paying.

Why did you put $500 at signing?
I have a business card that is temporarily giving me a nice statement credit for $500 transactions and I wanted that kick back.

What else are you hiding?
I had to grind this particular dealer into the ground in order to make this happen on the last day of the month. Made a ton of enemies that day and hurt a lot of feelings, and for that reason the sales person has asked to remain anonymous but also his name is @ethanrs and this was his final send off before moving to the finance office so I effectively scared him out of selling cars ever again.

The breakdown:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier
MSRP: $44,090
Selling Price: $37,788
Monthly Payment: $ 122
Drive-Off Amount: $ 500
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: .00008
Residual: $23,335
Incentives: $12k ($5k Lease Cash, $3k Costco Rebate, $1k Bonus Cash, $1.5k Conquest, $1.5k CFR)
Post sale rebate: $2k (CVRP - qualification TBD)
Region: SoCal
Leasehackr Score: 46.9
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Caculator link

First impressions:

This is by far the ugliest car I’ve ever driven (except for maybe the Toyota Yaris) and the engine doesn’t sound nearly as good as my F-Type so I might need to take it into the shop. I have a feeling something is wrong with it and the dealer bait and switched me with a quiet robot space ship that doesn’t make any noise when I accelerate? I’m not really sure what is going on and it looks even uglier in person than it did in the pictures so I am thinking about taking it back because this is supposed to replace my F-Type as my daily driver. I’m not sure what the return policy is but does anyone know if it’s possible to unwind the deal 3 weeks after signing? Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to like and subscribe. I’m only returning my F-Type if I get 1 million subscribers

28 Likes

good hack for not so good times

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

If this deal happened on the same day as the GT 3 RS was sold, I hope you at least offered a consoling hug.

2 Likes

he didn’t even bring it in to let me test drive it. the nerve!

2 Likes

And of course-----

awesome deal!

For reference, I tried to get basically this same car here in FL last week and it was in the lower $400s😊

2 Likes

I’ll take the car

Ethan is leaving sales and going to Finance? Yikes

Yikes indeed, that Ethan guy sounds like a loser that just lost all his clout on LH

10 Likes

Probably going to get his next exotic by upselling 3rd brake lights in the finance office.

14 Likes

How else would I maintain my $3,000 per copy average :cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Proud to introduce my new McLaren F1… sponsored by PULSE

2 Likes

Absolutely none of my business, but my guess would be that he’ll be making more money with a lot less aggravation. Whatever the reason, best wishes and I know he’ll kill it

4 Likes

Nitrogen refills, Lifetime car washes, and Phantom Footprints :joy:

5 Likes

$4,800 5/75k warranties and $1,500 GAP are my go-tos :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

same money
the only idiot I have to manage is myself
easy job
last thing I need to have experience in before moving to GSM at our next store

but most importantly

:sparkles: work life balance :sparkles:

9 Likes

Didn’t?

6 Likes

Which I applaud, but you got to drive to Scottsdale — in your own car. You didn’t even have to deliver a customer car on Christmas Eve. That’s an entire year of vacations in the car business.

You’re absolutely right though, it’s invaluable experience, and I know you sell a lot of peace-of-mind.

5 Likes

Don’t forget the 12 prepaid oil changes you can now sell with every Bolt lease!

6 Likes

Ughhh PROOFREADING IS OVERRATED

5 Likes