Kia Telluride lease

1. I drove a Palisade last week. It was really nice , and for $750 a month cough cough :face_vomiting: way underpowered $4k down:rofl:. I prefer the Telluride , and it actually has marginal better leasing right now …

2. I own a 2016 Hyundai Genesis. I can’t trade that car away without losing $5,000 . And I’ve bought, and sold 14 cars in 4 years and nothing over $1,500 upside down at most . Anyhow It’s immaculate , solid car , no issues , only 17,500 miles …and I brought it in for oil change today. Had an appointment but still Waited 2 hours :thinking: but they asked me if I wanted to sell it back …and could offer over market since, I have only 7 months left on my lease , and the condition , mileage .

3. they offered me $24,000 KBB is $23,000. The buyout at the End in 7 months is $26,000 :-1:. Personally ,wouldn’t pay $20k or less next year because then with the mileage and warranty it’s might be a bargain . I don’t use the car much at all but the residuals and money factors on Hyundai Kia leasing can be horrible and sinking . Reliable

cars but I feel they are out of touch with the deteriorating market. What do you think?

Looks like a QX60 and Yukon XL Denali had a very large child.

8 Likes

I was driving on the interstate today and seen a new one someone had just bought. People are flocking to by this let the suckers pay through the nose for them. Once the hype dies down then hackrs swoop in lol.

Have a feeling the residual of kia may not be very good as those Totoyta’s, translated to higher lease cost.
The market always works against consumer, for name brand due to good residual, lease is cheap but probably more economical to own. For brand less reputable, probably not a good idea to own, that drive up the lease cost.

From what I can find on youtube/news, this is a good car, designed right. Until today I’ve never paid attention to Hyundai/Kia, but this car likely will be phenomenon. Crap, thought nobody wants a Kia, turns out everybody wants this one now.

1 Like

Just wanted to point out that if a tulluride is one your radar that there are Hyundai dealers willing to deal. I just signed $419/mo x 36 for 10k w $1000 drive off on Palisade SEL w premium and sunroof.

I’m sure their are Kia dealers that will deal too. Just FYI about the palisade.

4 Likes

Congrats! Awesome deal!

Seems pretty good. I’m hoping by November prices will come down even more.

my Kia dealer finally said that his GM is now allowing selling at MSRP for LX and S Trims
plus on lease they have 2400 bucks off 2 years
1300 off 3 Years lease

this dealer is Kia Cerritos in SoCal

36 months = 65% residual value, 0.00197-0.00347 money factor

i am new to this forum so pardon me if anything is wrong

as Chuck mentioned we can still get 10% off MSRP on Palisade, I don’t know why but when I see Telluride in person it doesn’t feel like what it feels in Pictures and Videos, i am a bit disappointed by that

what i am looking for is a sunroof and 8 seating in my new car so i can either choose Kia Telluride S it has leather like seats which is a big big advantage and I don’t have to add any other package

if i goto Palisade the leather (original) seats i have to add packages which are 2200 premium package+ 2400 convenience package + 900 sunroof package = 5400

in other words i get discount 10% and came back to where Telluride S trim stands

Q) can someone suggest me what is a better deal in this scenario? if price is almost same

P.S ; i am not in rush and i will wait until next year so prices drop and deals kick in on telluride offering 10% more

Also I have a trouble, i need to keep my monthly payments as low as 300 per month

because i am planning to buy a house and don’t want to hurt my Debt to income ratio

is leasing 1st with almost 2000 down and then after the lease ends purchasing the car is a better option for me?

or should i get down payment and finance it in one go? anybody went thru the same situation?

You can’t be serious.

$300/mo on either of these isn’t going to happen without significant (more than I would ever recommend) money down.

4 Likes

Telluride S trim and palisade sel with premium aren’t really comparable trims.

1 Like

i am putting 4500 down because i am considering 3000 discount on MSRP (no other way of doing it)
and 1500 as down payment

Hmm yeah, how about tax?

you are right, it will go a bit above but still sounds like a nice deal to me considering that its hardly found on MSRP

Just got this proposal from the dealership on an SX prestige package. Money Factor is super high, they said it’s fixed by Kia and there’s nothing they can do…

Have you posted in Edmunds to find out what the MF is for your area and model of Telluride?

If its above that MF then its marked up and don’t believe what the dealership says, try out an other one. Looks like you went in there, best thing is to email the dealers around.

Also maybe check out the Hyundai Palisade

And are they selling you the car at above MSRP before incentives? Don’t do this deal, check CarGurus and find other Tellurides around and run away from this dealer.

1 Like

I know its a new model in all but there is no way i would pay $756 a month for a $47K MSRP vehicle.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine paying over MSRP or even MSRP for a Kia. Give it a few months. These will be heavily discounted.

1 Like

That’s just the thing though: They didn’t shoot the moon on these like they did the Stingers…(Which for a sedan they should have known better)

I don’t foresee them incentivizing these enough to call it a market adjustment because they’re mostly priced right out of the gate which is allowing dealers to pull pricing shenanigans.

1 Like