Kia Telluride lease

Definitely, in fact after 15,000 miles the RV usually goes down by a dollar rate per mile (.20-.25/mi.)

Have you considered getting an older full size SUV and using that for beach/ocean driving? My 2005 Expedition is a tank, havent driven it on the beach yet, but may hit Corolla one of these summers.

3 Likes

JEEP COMMANDER! 4WD, air down the tires and turn off the electronic nanniesā€¦ Thereā€™s one of these near me for around 4 grand. Even if itā€™s a total crapcan at that price who cares what happens to it on the beach.

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/5-general-commander-discussion/8807-how-your-commander-sand.html

I love reading posts where people drive 20K a year like I do. Even though your monthly payment will be about $100 - $200 per month more (depending on the manufacturerā€™s program) than the typical 10K-12K per year lease deal you see posted here (or advertised elsewhere), it IS completely worth it to lease with high mileage. A bank (leasing company) is offering to fix your depreciation costs while charging you interest. Letā€™s say you were going to take out a traditional 5 year loan and trade the car in after 3 years with 60K miles on it. You are going to get a lot less (no matter how perfect it is) when you trade it in because that dealer has 10 more of the same vehicle sitting on their lot with 20K - 30K miles.

Some manufacturers (Toyota & Subaru) only charge $.15 per mile if you go over or if you pre pay up front. So why give them money to hold on to for 3 years? You might also look into leasing a vehicle that allows you to leave MSD in order to buy down the money factor. Then you can get the cheap 10K per year or 12K per year monthly payment, make that payment cheaper, and then use that money at the end of the lease to pay for the over mileage.

2 Likes

PREACH! Iā€™m a 20k a year guy tooā€¦and lost my A$$ more than a few times doing the 2.5-3yr flip. Iā€™d rather shift the risk to the dealer being able to get their RV when I turn it in with 60k miles on it after 3 years. Its really about the riskā€¦Iā€™ll pay to not have any, especially when MSDā€™s are part of the equation.

3 Likes

@sbean Can you please provide more details on how to go about doing that, For background, I have a Kia Optima that is coming up for 36 months in August and is under milage ( 27K only), I would like to see if I can use the 6-month extension to extend the car out till the end of the year and lease a new car in December. Anything to be mindful of while extending the lease?

Thanks

1 Like

Solution to 20K+ mileage counts: Have spouse that works <1 mile from work and lease 2 cars at 10-12K/yr. :smiley:

1 Like

I get the logicā€¦but Iā€™m currently leasing a 17 Outback Limited for $420/month at 36m/20k. Canā€™t tell me I could get 2 nice cars for 10/yr for that total. My commute alone M-F is 65mi a day round trip.

They should have sent you a end of lease information packet. Just call the number on there and let them know you want to extend the lease. They will email you a document to digitally sign. I am currently extending the lease of my Wifeā€™s Sportage. We put new tires and brakes on it toward the end of the 39 month lease. Until the right deal comes along we dont mind riding this one out.

I went to a Kia dealership in SoCal today was quoted these outrageous pricesā€¦ I took a photo of the managers printout, which Iā€™ll try to upload. The left column is the down payment. Where/how can I find prices like the ones others have shared here? A few thousand down and 400-ish per month? (New to this forumā€“thanks!)

Did you laugh when the gave you that? Do yourself a favor and donā€™t go into the dealership.

A true leasehackr only walks into a stealership when they are ready to take delivery and Kia has the most unprofessional stealerships network Iā€™ve dealt with thru my leasing/car buying experience so farā€¦

4 Likes

Those numbers look like numbers you would get if you were purchasing the car, not leasing.

I got a chance to look at one close and personal and while itā€™s nice it isnā€™t worth leasing at current take rate.

I went to a kia dealership today to look. They quoted me at $48,900 on a $43,XXX sticker price.

They kept going on and on about how they canā€™t keep the SX trim on the lot and itā€™s selling faster than they can get them. Iā€™ll just wait a while until they go down in price. I couldnā€™t believe people were paying above MSRP. Itā€™s a great looking SUV, I donā€™t know why some people are giving it flack.

Paying over Invoice let alone MSRP for a KIA no matter how nice is a big pass for me personally.

Let the sucker crowd get their licks in and swoop in like a true hackr once the service faults/dealer fails start to pile up and they have no choice but to play ball.

1 Like

Slightly off topic but I would expect the same with Hyundai Palisade in future. Was at a Hyundai/Genesis/Kia dealership and they were proudly saying we are only marking up $3k on the genesis

1 Like

Itā€™s a beautiful car and the ride was so comfortable. The price being so skewed though was almost like a joke to me at first I thought he was pulling my leg.

I also looked at the palisade at a nearby dealership, in my town they put them pretty far away from each other. I donā€™t think most people here know they are the same parent company. I honestly felt like the telluride was nicer; the front end on the palisade looked cheaper even on the same body.

If you see review videos , you will see that you are correct. Apparently Kia has nicer feel and features than Hyundai (same goes for Kia Cadenza, Kia Stinger , dafooq is Hyundai doing?)

1. I drove a Palisade last week. It was really nice , and for $750 a month cough cough :face_vomiting: way underpowered $4k down:rofl:. I prefer the Telluride , and it actually has marginal better leasing right now ā€¦

2. I own a 2016 Hyundai Genesis. I canā€™t trade that car away without losing $5,000 . And Iā€™ve bought, and sold 14 cars in 4 years and nothing over $1,500 upside down at most . Anyhow Itā€™s immaculate , solid car , no issues , only 17,500 miles ā€¦and I brought it in for oil change today. Had an appointment but still Waited 2 hours :thinking: but they asked me if I wanted to sell it back ā€¦and could offer over market since, I have only 7 months left on my lease , and the condition , mileage .

3. they offered me $24,000 KBB is $23,000. The buyout at the End in 7 months is $26,000 :-1:. Personally ,wouldnā€™t pay $20k or less next year because then with the mileage and warranty itā€™s might be a bargain . I donā€™t use the car much at all but the residuals and money factors on Hyundai Kia leasing can be horrible and sinking . Reliable

cars but I feel they are out of touch with the deteriorating market. What do you think?