2020 Hyundai Palisade SEL Premium Sunroof - Nissani LA

Edit 11/2019 - the dealer was Nissani near playa vista. My salesman is no longer at the hyundai dealer. Good luck

While some dealers were “marking up” the 2020 Palisade because it’s so new I got one to bite. One quoted me $614/mo for the same vehicle

I turned down a 2019 MDX tech MSRP 50,295 at $447 + tax w $1137 drive off for the Palisade

2020 Hyundai Palisade SEL Premium w Sunroof
MSRP: $40465
SP $36250
Monthly Payment: $419.21 $461 including tax
Drive-Off Amount: $1000
Months:36
Annual Mileage:10K
MF:.00195
Residual:25492
Incentives:500 (lease cash I think) But there was another couple hundred discount that they ate and buried
Region: LA/SoCal
Leasehackr Score:7.8 yrs
Leasehackr Calculator Link:calc

4 Likes

Not bad for something so new, especially compared to what tellurides have been asking.

1 Like

Are you kidding? OP got a discount off msrp, 10% at that!
And how is a residual so high for Hyundai?!

Good lordy that MF. Looks like a legit deal on one of these though, Enjoy!!

Hey, could be worse. Could be a Honda.

Or a Nissan ba dum tshhhh

I actually like certain H/K products but the dealership experience has ruined them for me (Not to mention my lemoned Sonata PHEV…)

1 Like

Hyundai has always proved less bad in the dealership experience for me than Kia.

I’ll definitely be watching the palisade prices over the next few months. May be my next lease.

1 Like

Might have to grab me a gift card sometime soon…I still have a Hyundai plug and might be able to get an extended test drive to put it through it’s paces.

I do believe they’re still doing the $50 for a test drive

1 Like

Not too bad for a car that are so new. Congrats !

Very nice considering the Palisade has only been out for a few weeks! Did it take much negotiating? This is the FWD version or AWD?

1 Like

FWD,
And this particular dealership throws in free oil changes, car washes, tire repair, loaner vehicles. WTF?

the negoatation was “weird”. Through my bank and truecar they send my info to all local dealers when I request a quote then my email and phone blows up.
Other than shooting a commercial for the palisade I’d never driven one or any “nice” Hyundai before. I drove one last week and was impressed. Previous leases are Acura, MBZ, Lexus, Toyota Sienna. Is outgoing.

This dealer was one of the few that sent me a quote with a $2700 discount. I figured I was shooting for $2700+ $500 lease cash. But this dealer had $1700 on BS dealer add-ons on the invoice.

It was like pulling teeth to get ANY Hyundai dealer to send residual and money factor. It even took this dealer 3 days and by then I wasn’t over it. Told him I wouldn’t walk in without a quote in writing. The quote he finally sent was $40 less than he quoted me at $500. I went immediately.

What makes this deal incredible for me is that Carvana offered $5k over lay-off for my outgoing sienna lease!

1 Like

Hi it’s very good deal that u got it can u share dealer info I am very interested lease one like yours
jeasungjun@gmail.com

Before I left the dealer I asked the salesman’s permission to release the dealer and his contact info since there would be plenty of people interested.
He wanted to talk to management first to see if selling/leasing of these Palisades at 10% under was something they wanted to do all day.
FWIW this was one of the few dealers in S/W LA/ North OC where the true car guaranteed savings was under MSRP.
As soon as he gives me the go ahead I’ll pass on his contact info.

1 Like

I can’t see how they’d refuse leads that they could up sell and use to get allocations up for moving metal.

The fact is most LHers won’t touch these with a 10 foot pole because they typically lease so poorly: there’s a reason this forum resembles bimmerpost and I promise you it isn’t the roundel.

Impressions:
Just noticed the rear is tinted.
It’s big. Comfy back seat that I spent about 30 minutes in. Rear charging porrts even in 3rd row.
Remote start, wireless charging, apple and android car play., parking sensors, traffic aware cruise. Touch screen is as responsive as iphone.
Looks and feels nice. Other than inexpensive hyundai rental cars this is my first experience with the brand. The genesis have always looked nice but I’ve never been willing to pony up $50k for a korean car. Maybe this will change my mind.

1 Like

The salesman did me a solid and he can determine whether he wants the flood gates opened up. If I were him I’d have said sure send everyone my way. He was really young and so was the guy who test drove with me (mid-late 20s). Make me wish for the 40 year old fleet manager of the past.

I never thought I’d be in a Korean car but the past couple years after a 2016 TLX, 2014 RLX and a 2013 RX 350 I realize that many of those Japanese “luxury” brands are pretty comfortable not rocking the boat nor advancing their technology or design. If Hyundai wants to take a stab at high end, now with their geneis only dealers, and want to sponsor my lease with a 63% residual I’ll take it.

1 Like

Looks great.

I really like the grey interior. Oddly, most of the advertisement images show the palisade in the limited trim with the grey interior but they don’t offer the grey interior in the limited in the states. Too bad because it with the rainforest color looks like an awesome combo on the limited trim.

Is that corinthian leather?

The sticker says leather but it’s not special. The limited has a version of leather that you can tell the difference from the fake.